The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

GPS Gone South

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
berrymo

GPS Gone South

Post by berrymo »

Have searched the forums for answers without avail, so I'm going to have to bother you. Attempted to load Alfa Sim (freeware) B52, but found could not bring up the GPS. To my horror it has spread to all my models, I've lost the GPS facility in FS9. Tried System Restore and have removed all traces of the B52, but still no joy, will I need to reinstall FS9?. Reading the forum, gauges can be found on Disk 2 of FS9. Also understand that MAIW has a facility to restore is that correct? Can I just reinstall Disc 2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Berrymo
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: GPS Gone South

Post by BadPvtDan »

berrymo wrote:Also understand that MAIW has a facility to restore is that correct?

Many thanks
Berrymo
Hmmmm huh?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
berrymo

Post by berrymo »

Sorry I've been given a bum steer that MAIW had a facility. But need advice on the problem still.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Take a look at this thread. It lists where all the folders are for FS9 on the four discs. http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =24&t=6903

I think all you would need to do is to reinstall your Gauges folder from Disc #2 instead of a complete reinstall.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
berrymo

Post by berrymo »

Many thanks Mike