The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Folder Options FS2004

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Folder Options FS2004

Post by knarfy »

I went to adjust a file, an afcad file and accidentally opened it with the wrong program, and now it's changed all my files like this and they are incorrect and need to change them back, but I cant remember how, can someone help me with fixing this, I am sure its just a minor change, any help will be greatly appreciated. I attached what the file looks like now

Thanks

Frank
Attachments
AF2_1MGE.bgl
(495 Bytes) Downloaded 21 times
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Folder Options FS2004

Post by delbydoo »

Hi Frank,
It sounds like you have just changed the file association; I've found that after I install a certain program it changes the Icon to that of the program installed.
I have just opened your file with AFCAD 2.21 and it appears to be fine. Just note that you cannot directly open AFCAD files by the normal double-clicking, you need to open the AFCAD file within the program itself, otherwise it won't show up. If you have AFX then that WILL open with a double click.

This has been my experience, others may differ. Hope it helps.
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

Frank,

I think you are talking about the file properties. Go to the file, right click and select Properties. Change 'opens with' and select what program you want to open it with and they should all go back to what you want. I'm always doing it!

Chris
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

Shift+right click usually adds the "Open with..." option to the context menu. But as Daryl said, you can't open bgl files directly anyway.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks, I was able to change it back to what the associated files were, I appreciate the help, I use AFCAD 2.21 to open those files.

Frank
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"