The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Double Afcads at a military airport

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Double Afcads at a military airport

Post by knarfy »

I have noticed that in a couple of the maiw airports folders I have two afcad's, this may be as a result of downloading a file with one set of planes for say KEYW and then another file with another set of planes for KEYW and not sure if I should delete one? Or keep both? Would having both afcads cause problems for that airport? Being somewhat of a novice I thought it would be worth asking.

Thanks

Frank
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Double Afcads at a military airport

Post by Firebird »

If the afcads are for the same location then you should only have 1. For example AF2_KEYW, MIAW_AFX_KEYW and MAIW_ADE_KEYW are all for the same location 'KEYW'.
However, if you have an MAIW_AF2_KEYW and an MAIW_AF2_1EYW they are different locations. It could be a helo strip at the main location or it might be a waypoint near that location that we use in flightplans.

Each of our docs that comes with our package tells you delete older specific afcads.

Does this help?
Steve
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Double Afcads at a military airport

Post by knarfy »

Thanks Steve, that was exactly what I needed, thanks!!!
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"