The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

My Alphasim B-52 and Editvoicepak

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

My Alphasim B-52 and Editvoicepak

Post by knarfy »

I have the alphasim B-52 and this is a two part question.

One of my favorite movies is A Gathering Of Eagles, one of the planes is named Ranger 19. I was wondering with editvoicepak is it possible to change the atc name of the plane to "Ranger 19"? I tried following the tutorial and dont think I was getting anywhere near getting it right.

Second question, in the movie I want to see if I can get textures for the plane that are of that color scheme from strategic air command and cant find any, avsim, flightsim, simviation, and nothing so far : (

Thanks

Frank
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: My Alphasim B-52 and Editvoicepak

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi Frank,

Can help with Part 1. Have attached a vcpmod for the callsign 'Ranger'. Just import it using Editvoicepack.

Go to your aircraft cfg file and enter the following;

atc_airline=RANGER
atc_flight_number=19

Should be good to go after that.

Sorry, cannot help with Part 2. :oops:
Attachments
Ranger VCP.zip
(633 Bytes) Downloaded 26 times
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks, that is awesome, thank you for the help! I will change the aircraft cfg now. I am still working on knowing how to use the voicepak. Any suggestions on importing this? I cant seem to find my alphasim plane thru the voicepak.

Any texture files for that plane are tough to find. Even just a strategic air command texture would be nice. But this atc change is going to sound great. Going to try it out now : )

Frank
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Open editvoicepack and do the following;

Top of the page, select file which will give you a drop down menu - select import, navigate to the file that you have downloaded, select save.

That's the new callsign in the voicepack.

Now select "tools" and 'update arlines cfg'

Back to 'file' and select 'update voicepack'

After that has finished (can take a few minutes), finally select File and Save.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

That got it, now is sounds so much better, takes me back to the movie A Gathering Of Eagles : )

I need to figure out the create new callsigns, there are a few more I'd like to do.

Thanks for all your help, wish i could put the sound file up here to listen, it's great.

Frank
WTCHURSIX

Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

knarfy wrote:That got it, now is sounds so much better, takes me back to the movie A Gathering Of Eagles : )

I need to figure out the create new callsigns, there are a few more I'd like to do.

Thanks for all your help, wish i could put the sound file up here to listen, it's great.

Frank
If you need callsigns mate, just let me know...........................I'll make them for you. :wink:
Stew

gvbeek
Captain
Captain

Post by gvbeek »

If you need callsigns mate, just let me know...........................I'll make them for you. :wink:
In that case I would request TROUT

Thanks mate.
- Gert van B.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks Stew, just did a flight from Maguire AFB (New Jersey) to Key West NAS (Florida) using the Alphasim B-52 and the flight just seems so much better with something that is different from the game's ATC or plane info, it definitely catches your attention, and the '52's movie A Gathering Of Eagles is one of my all time military flight movies, and "Ranger 19" is from that movie.

Frank
WTCHURSIX

Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

gvbeek wrote:In that case I would request TROUT

Thanks mate.
Your wish is my command Gert. VCPmod attached. :wink:
Attachments
Trout VCP.zip
(624 Bytes) Downloaded 25 times
Stew

gvbeek
Captain
Captain

Post by gvbeek »

Thanks mate.
Much appreciated
- Gert van B.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Stewart, got a question with voice pak, I am getting the callsigns into my game, I have about 10 packages altogether to add, when I go to import and then the folder with the callsign to I pick each one seperately then update voicepak? Or can I highlight all of them at one and voice pak does each one individually? The reason I ask is that if I do each call sign seperately I may be here all day doing this :shock:

Thanks
Frank
WTCHURSIX

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Frank, you can select any number of vcpmod files before you hit "Open" and they will all be imported.

I usually have a whole bunch too so I select them all with CTRL+A.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks for the tip Greg, you just saved me a whole lotta time : )

Frank
WTCHURSIX