The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

FS9 Error - Failed to read the file

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
maverick69
Major
Major
Version: FS9

FS9 Error - Failed to read the file

Post by maverick69 »

Hi guys! From some weeks I've experimented a strange issue. When I load some airports (LIED, LIEO, LIEE, LFPG, LFPO, LFBD, LEMD, LEBL, LEZG, LPPT for example) appears the "FS9 Error - Failed to read the file" and CTD. For others (Corsican airports, LFMN, LFML, LFMO) all goes well until I don't fly too close to the previous ones. The issue seems interest the mostly of France, all Sardinia (my homeland ), the Spain, the Portugal. I didn't try every airport, but England and the rest of Italy doesn't seems affected from the issue. I tried to load those airport without any addon scenarios or other aircraft than the default ones and I had the same issue. Does anybody knows what sort of file may be corrupted or any other sort of problem? Thank you in advance.
Maurizio
- Maurizio C.
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: FS9 Error - Failed to read the file

Post by bismarck »

Usually a CTD in that phase is related to some corrupted textures. May be a default texture if you already tried to load FS9 without add-on. Does this happen also at different time (night) or season?

Giorgio
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

I have tried flying nighttime but the issue is the same. Thanks Giorgio :cry:
- Maurizio C.
maverick69
Major
Major

Post by maverick69 »

Probably I've solved the issue. The error message were appears during the load of the traffic files so I've eliminated every traffic files and now the sceneries work perfectly. Now I'm trying to add small groups of traffic files to find the error (more probably is an aircraft texture in the wrong format than a wrong traffic file). At this point all MAIW files work fine. Probably the issue is in one of the FAIB civil planes that I use...let's see
- Maurizio C.