The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

0x7c16f11a referenced memory at 0x00158024 - CTD

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

0x7c16f11a referenced memory at 0x00158024 - CTD

Post by knarfy »

I am in shock right now, I am getting this message today, "the instruction at 0x7c16f11a referenced memory at 0x00158024, the memory could not be read.....then the message click ok to terminate the program.

It was working fine yesterday and then I added some flight plane and AI Aircraft for a DC-10 Air Tanker from AI Malcontent and also a OV-10 Bronco both in the textures for forest fire service, after that everything went to hell. I deleted the flight plan, both planes, and the traffic file and still get this message.

I would really like to try to avoid a full reinstall. Anyone out there got any possible idea's on how I might be able to get this straightened out. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks

Frank
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

JohnTenn
Major
Major

Re: 0x7c16f11a referenced memory at 0x00158024 - CTD

Post by JohnTenn »

Frank

Just to clarify.

Did you only add the two AI aircraft and the traffic files?

Does this crash occur when you start FS9?

John
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Hi John, there was some additional things, three scenery/landclass files in add on scenery that I had added, took them out just now, and then the aircraft AI files, the flight plans associated with them, and then there was a traffic file. Thats all gone. Went back and restored the system to two days ago and zip, still same error message. UGH
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

JohnTenn
Major
Major

Post by JohnTenn »

Frank

Go to Addon scenery.

In the folder there should be a file named "scenery.dat"

Delete it.

Start FS9 again.

Hopefully this will remove the reference to the landclass files.

FS will write a new .dat file as it boots up
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks John, thats what causes the issue, we're back up and running, that was too close a call, a reinstall would have taken forever. also PM coming your way
WTCHURSIX