The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Edit Voicepack Windows 7

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
plumber
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Edit Voicepack Windows 7

Post by plumber »

Just installed the latest HAF Transports and went to run the Voice pack programme, and it has not been reinstalled on my new W7 PC. Have downloaded it from Flight Sim, but it will not load until I install Net Framework 1.1.4322. That's where the problem lies, how do I solve this problem please?
Brian H
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: Edit Voicepack Windows 7

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi Brian,

Download and install Net Framework 1.1.4322;

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=26
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Cheers Stewart, Have done sorted thanks, got side tracked by Google search initially, but just installed regardless of warnings of incompatability. Up and running.
Brian H
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

plumber wrote:Cheers Stewart, Have done sorted thanks, got side tracked by Google search initially, but just installed regardless of warnings of incompatability. Up and running.
Brian H
You're welcome Brian - glad you got it sorted okay. :wink:
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Hi, am having problems with Edit Voicepack, in that on attempting to add some callsigns I found that the subscreen did not appear, and that although the callsign was repeated it stayed RED. I therefore deleted Edit Voicepack and re downloaded it plus the required windows element but still have the same problem. Can anyone assist me with this problem please.
BR
Brian H
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Try using it as Administrator, I find this works on lots of FS addons in Win7
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Already done that[emoji106]no change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Where did you install EVP and where do you have FS9 installed?
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Hi Steve, They are installed in X86. As you can see on previous problem with EVP it worked, with the exception that when selecting save, it never stated saving yet the VP was installed OK. At this time on selecting EVP I only get the list on the left hand side of screen and the three sub files at the top left. I can select the red call sign which is verbally repeated but it stays red. I have no sub screen where you would normally select duplicate.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK well the problem is where they are installed. that x86 folder is a protected area in Win7 onwards and so if you want to update anything in there that isn't in the same folder the proggy has to run in administrator mode.
If FS9 was installed anywhere but the default location then you wouldn't have the issue.

I am tempted to ask if you have upgraded to 10 as EVP worked fine on my PC until I updated to 10 and then I had to set to run in admin mode to work. My FS is on a drive to it's self.
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

I have EVP in admin mode. Now is it possible to copy FS9 to another place or would it be a total new upload, which I do not fancy?

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It is sort of possible to copy FS9 to another place.

Now there is one thing I do not know and that is if you can simply use a tool, like Martin's ADE-Checker, to set the registry entry and everything will be fine. Somebody with more knowledge than myself will have to answer that.

However, it is not too difficult to restore to a new location - I have done it several times.
1. Take a complete copy of your FS9 folder to somewhere safe and then copy your Flight Simulator files folder, normally in C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\, and your FS9.cfg
2. De-install FS9.
3. Re-install FS9.
4. Copy your entire FS9 backed up folder over the top of the new installation. Then replace the Flight Sim files folder and the FS9.cfg

Now you will have it moved and all your aircraft, traffic, scenery etc back in place.

There are two provisos here.
1. MS has now disabled the safedisc security system that the FS9 and FSX disks used which means to install it you have to temporarily switch it back on to re-install. This has to be done from a cmd window with admin privileges.
sc start secdrv - switches it on
install the game
sc stop secdrv - switches it back off again.
2. Any add-on that you have installed may need it's settings altered to point to the new installation.

Now one final thing. That secdrv service has been removed in Win10 so if you have that OS installed you will not be able to re-install FS9 or FSX from the disks, as far as I know.

or

try switching off or reducing the UAC control and see if you can get it to work without the rest of the hassle.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

One other question springs to mind is the windows logon that you are running have administrator rights?
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Yes to second response. I think that I am going to carry on as I am. I am 7 months post heart attack I think that I will have to put up with what I have for now. Many thanks for your responses[emoji106]

plumber
Captain
Captain

Post by plumber »

Just to let you know that whilst the EVW does not appear in the correct format the call signs were still installed in FS9, having carried out a check in the relevant area.