The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Windows 7 and CH Flightsim Components

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Windows 7 and CH Flightsim Components

Post by phantomfreak »

I recently upgraded to Windows 7, now the last couple of times I've started FS9, my Flightsim yoke hasn't been recognized. I checked it with the CH Manager and it was not recognized there until I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was recognized then. Anybody else encountered problems similar to this.
Bazinga!
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Re: Windows 7 and CH Flightsim Components

Post by SeanG »

phantomfreak wrote:I recently upgraded to Windows 7, now the last couple of times I've started FS9, my Flightsim yoke hasn't been recognized. I checked it with the CH Manager and it was not recognized there until I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it was recognized then. Anybody else encountered problems similar to this.
Is it plugged into a USB3 port? I've seen some issues like that with "legacy" devices in USB3 ports....

SeanG
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by phantomfreak »

Yes it's plugged into a USB port.
Bazinga!
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by SeanG »

There are different types of USB ports, sadly they look the same, but should be labeled or a different colour. Check which ones are USB2 and which are USB3, make sure CH gear is in a USB2 port, rather than a 3 :)
I use Gigabyte motherboards, which have the USB3 ports identified with a coloured line around them on the back of the PC.
SeanG