The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FS9 closing due to running out of memeory

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

FS9 closing due to running out of memeory

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Guys

I've had the "Your computer has run out of available memory" and FS9 closes (no CTD) in the last few days at various location so I don't think its scenery specific. I've never had this before and I've increased my page file or swap space or virtual memory as MS calls it so its 2 Gb more that Windows is asking for.

Really infuriating as I've not managed to complete a flight since Tuesday!! I have FS Metar and FS Nav running at the same time but as I've used them for ages I cant see them being the culprits.

Any help would be appreciated.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: FS9 closing due to running out of memeory

Post by jimrodger »

Had same problem recently after installing a traffic file that was corrupt.
Only way I could fix it was to remove recently installed bits.
After relaunch of FS9 to check it was OK , the re-introduce until it stops.
Opened the culprit in AIFP saves to files and re-compiled and the prob went away.

Jim
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Nigel
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Nigel »

Hi Guys,

Had exactly the same problem recently, three steps;

1. Did a disc clean up;
2. Ran both scan and recovery check; and
3. Defrag.

Problem was sorted.

Nigel
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Guys
Thanks for both those tips. Looks like my weekend will be busy. :)
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

I had the same problem, but mine was because my PC had been running for over 2 months without switching it off, it needed a restart or "memory dump" and is working fine again now :D
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Just started chkdsk and it told me I had a bad program installed and wouldn't be able to continue. Didn't know it did that check!! Anyway I reverted to a back up of my C disk from a week ago and chkdsk is now doing its thing. Hopefully it will fix the problem.
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Update. No closing down now, but flying off the coast of France causes a CTD. Think its a new mesh I've installed.
John