The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Got Ground Environment Pro, now I've got stuttering.........

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Got Ground Environment Pro, now I've got stuttering.........

Post by MIKE JG »

Anyone have experience with using Ground Environment Pro II. I bought it and installed it over the weekend and I LOVE the textures but now my setup has an aweful stuttering issue that certainly was not there prior to using GE ProII. I've tried most of the things that I can to resolve the stuttering to no avail.

Wondering if anyone can offer some help/advice??
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Mike I have GE Pro, FE and Active Sky. So I know what you mean.
There are various articles with various settings around the net, and a lot of people post their settings that work best on their machines.

There are some settings that have worked to improve my situation. I would consider my PC a medium machine P4 3.2G 1mb RAM and Nvidia 6600GT.
I will pm you my whole cfg which you can use to see differences with yours, as otherwise this thread will turn into a massive post fest.

In the mean time the best parms I have found to adjust are :-
[weather]
MAX_UNLIMITED_VIS=36210

The min distance allowed by the fs9 config slider is 60mi which equates to 96000+. This brings the max visual distance to a more realistic level, especially when combined with some like Active Sky. Be warned though if you change any other parms on that panel in fs9 the parm will be reset to the panel minimum.

[DISPLAY]
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=20
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400

Setting your framerate limit to anywhere between 20 and 30 will help, any body that flys online should have it set to 20 anyway. The Bandwidth parm was generally considered the best setting until somebody found a new one which has to be added manually.
Add it to the [DISPLAY] section exctly like this :-
TextureMaxLoad=10

Now its a bit vague on exactly how that one works in conjunction with the BANDWIDTH one but you have to play around with it. the Max Load is a sort of multiplier, and so you will have to reduce the bandwidth accordingly. THis does not mean that the multiple has to equal 400, it will equal quite a lot more. I have seen posts with the BANDWIDTH down to 120 and the Max Load up to 12. The best performance will be determined by your graphics card. I would suggest starting testing at 100 and 6 and increase slowly to max of 200 and 12. Please note that from what I understand is that settings of 200 and 6 may very well produce a different output form 100 and 12.

As usual anybody trying this should back up there cfg before trying anything and its done at your own risk.

Hope this is useful.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Hey thanks for the tips, also got your PM. Thanks for all of that. I'll let you know what the results are.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

No probs, hope you get something useful.
Steve