The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

SafeDisc problems

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

SafeDisc problems

Post by VulcanDriver »

I had problems installing older add-ons from CD-ROMs before I realised the latest M$ updates to W7 W8 & W10 disabled the SafeDisc check meaning they would not install. However after following the instructions on this webpage it now works. It may even cure FS not being able to run from the CD.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/0 ... 7-8-vista/

Hope that helps

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: SafeDisc problems

Post by Firebird »

Yep. I should correct it slightly in that Win 10 does not have secdrv installed, due to the decision to remove it, so it will not work on Win 10 at all.
What I have done is to take a vanilla FS9 install and archive it away, along with the reg entry, so that I can manually install it on a Win 10 system...

.. I hope.
Steve
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Firebird wrote:Yep. I should correct it slightly in that Win 10 does not have secdrv installed, due to the decision to remove it, so it will not work on Win 10 at all.
What I have done is to take a vanilla FS9 install and archive it away, along with the reg entry, so that I can manually install it on a Win 10 system...

.. I hope.
Gets better...
The Windows 10 Technical Preview HAS the secdrv installed, they removed it for the final release.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yep, you are correct. They removed quite a few things towards the end of the preview releases.
Steve