The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FSUIPC Crashes FSX

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

FSUIPC Crashes FSX

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Hi there, installed FSUIPC into FSX SE on Windows 10, did a standard install, when I run FSX with FSUIP enabled it crashes on start up, if I disable FSUIPC is runs fine, googled the problem but that just confused me further with more problems listed then solutions, if anybody has had this problem and fixed it or have any ideas would love to hear from you
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: FSUIPC Crashes FSX

Post by Firebird »

I think that the first obvious check is that you are using the latest version. Can you confirm that ytou are running FSUIPC 4.974?

Also are there any errors/error messages that you get?
Steve
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Yeah I'm running the latest one, there is no error code, next time I run it will write down the message but its non specific something like this programme might not function in FSX, gives the details of the programme and do I wish to disable or run, if I disable FSX runs fine, if I leave it running FSX terminates immediately, cheers for getting back to me
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Real quick follow up, the old never assume thing, was downloading FSUIPC from another site and wasn't the latest version, so checked the version like you said and once again you shown to be a little daft and solved my problem for me, now have the lastest version and runs fine, you are once again a superstar and I am once again chuckling at my own stupidity, thanks, you have a good day
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by TimC340 »

Note that if you update FSX:SE to the latest Beta version (which is now sponsored again by Microsoft, and is being used for data collection to inform FS20), you'll need to update FSUIPC4 to a special version. See here.
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

Cheers for letting me know
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Glad that you have got it fixed.
I had no idea idea that the version was the issue, it is purely the analyst in me that teaches me to start from scratch and start with the simple stuff.
Steve