The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Srange mouse problem

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Srange mouse problem

Post by VulcanDriver »

Just recently my mouse has stopped working for a few seconds then it works again. The mouse is a USB Logtech G500 which has LEDs on it. When it stops working the LEDs go out. I've installed the latest drivers, checked the registry for errors. No problems.

Could there be something interrupting the USB port that I'm using (e.g. another device polling the USB port?)

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Srange mouse problem

Post by Firebird »

How many USB devices do you have in your machine?

I have a similar issue with the mouse, where it just stops. I lift off the desktop and when I place it down it restarts. I have 10 USB devices attached and it started happening when I added an external HD device nearly a year ago. I think that its just a lot of USB polling between by 2x joysticks and 4x external SSDs and 4x external HDs.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Steve

I control my amateur radio equipment via USB. All my ports are used. Joystick, throttle, rudder pedals, keyboard, mouse, 2 radios, printer. USB hub.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I would say that there is a possibility that you have the same issue as myself.

I would try unplugging a few things that you are not using at the time and seeing if that makes a difference. If your printer is similar to mine, so that it can be used either direct connection or wireless, try moving that to wireless.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Steve

Yes the printer is wi-fi capable. I was thinkig of moving it to another room anyway. I'll try that.
John

VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Steve

Googled the problem and Microsoft have a tech support item. They recommend deleting all the USB ports from device manager and restarting the PC so the OS can reinstall the required drivers etc. Did that and it repaired the USB-Serial device driver I use for controlling one of my radios. Its been working fine so far.
John

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Nice one.
It makes for a far better thing than the game controller issue. This has been around since 2014.

So just in case this is a similar thing what exactly is it that you did? Did you get any instructions from anywhere?
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Steve this is the page I found. Fixed my problem.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... usb-device
John

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Many thanks. Always like to collect useful info. Will try to rule out this as a cause of the joystick problem.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

The old mouse problem returned yesterday. So I bought a new gaming mouse off Amazon and it seems to be working OK.
John