The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RealWX 3.0 and FS9

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

RealWX 3.0 and FS9

Post by VulcanDriver »

When I use RealWX, FS9 hangs and so does the PC. I've checked RealWX support and it seems a common problem. Has anyone else had this. Is there a better real weather program for FS9?
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: RealWX 3.0 and FS9

Post by Firebird »

I do remember that somebody had issues with it working and it took me a long time to help them sort it, but I never had a problem with it even now, just checked.

Here is my ini file in case there is an option that is causing the issue. The version I am using is 1.07.1522 .
Attachments
FSrealWX.zip
(608 Bytes) Downloaded 31 times
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi Steve

Seems to be working as I did an hours flight over Russia with weather going from clear to closed in at at the destination airfield

Did notice RealWX is reporting this

(WeatherWorker) - The system cannot find the path specified.

Any idea?
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

As you can see I only have the v1 freeware version. I did not find that error with a quick search. It maybe that v3 needs a path set that is not in v1. I would look through the options for something of that nature. If you are are using my ini file and the weather works it seems that you just need to make the ini file compatible with v3.

Hopefully you have saved the v3 ini and you can look in its options for a set path.
Steve