The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

New Video Card

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

New Video Card

Post by BadPvtDan »

I just got in an 8800 GTS w/320 MB. I am very excited to see how this changes the FS9 landscape!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by KevinJarvis »

Now we know who's makin' the BIG bucks. :lol:
KJ
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Yup, it's all the money this site generates.
:roll:
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by KevinJarvis »

Dan,
Just poking some fun at ya...

Seriously, let us know how that new vid card works out.
I'm just about to get a new toaster and am thinking about having it built but haven't decided on a card yet.
KJ
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I was poking fun right back at ya! Damn forum just doesn't show my deadpan expression.

Well, I got it in last night and on a game like LOTRO...it really works wonders. FS9...I felt like I was still getting the same fps at a place like DFW...dropping down to 9-10. Now, I do have about a zillion airlines, KDFW scenery, UT, GE and a host of other things...but I ws pretty disappointed. Also, loadup time for FS9 seemed to take longer.

I did update my driver last night so that could make a difference.