The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FS9 continously halting

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

FS9 continously halting

Post by lewis »

Hi

Looking for anyone who can give some advice or help on this problem. For some time now, when loading FS9, the simulation stops between 94 -98% of loading traffic and just quits sending the following error message:

AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00033905

Does this is happening to anybody else? If so, what does this error refers to? Can it be solve?

Anyone? :?:

Lewis
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Wow, that sounds not so good.

I just looked in my main fs9 folder for that .dll file and I don't have one with that name.

Maybe back up your whole fs9 folder and then try taking that file out if it is in the main folder. If it's not, maybe it's supposed to be in the main folder.

That's all I can recommend. :?
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

ntdll.dll is part of the operating system. You are looking at a repair of the XP OS at the least. Maybe not a wholesale repair but some recovery action.

Try looking here http://www.driverskit.com/dll/ntdll.dll/2561.html To see if it is of some use. If not try just searching on the internet for the dll name.

N.B. Most errors reported by users occur when using IE6/7 so try another browser to search if you have that option.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Lewis, don't feel bad. The HD on my laptop failed a couple weeks back. I litterally lost everthing that was on it.

Note to self----->Must backup more often....... :roll:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
ChrisG
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ChrisG »

DO NOT REPLACE THIS FILE!!!!!!!

It is the NT Layer Kernel, it has to be written into the registry, you'll either need to reinstall your OS, perform a system restore or use the XP repair utility.
lewis
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

FS9 continously halting

Post by lewis »

Hi Guys
Thanks for all your answers and recomendations. Just d/l Uniblue Registry Booster repairer and scaned my system, it found a huge amount of error in the registry and proceded to the repairs. Haven't run FS yet but the PC is surely runing much more faster.
Thanks again and may you all have a very Happy New Year

Lewis