The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Graphics problem in FS9

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Graphics problem in FS9

Post by nickblack423 »

Guys Ive been having a strange thing happen on my new laptop. I think it will be a graphics thing. when FS9 is in Full Screen mode it loses the lighting effects. i.e there is no light source and so the aircraft and scenery have no depth. It doesnt happen if I have FS open as a window, and only happens if I press alt to bring the menu up, its like it cant refresh. The only way to get it back is to go into settings and ammend something so that the textures refresh.
Is there anything I can do, any settings to use, or do i have to cope with the inernal integrated graphics card I have?

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

I have had the same problem with my Sony Vaio. Was unable to fix the problem, but two years on I do not even notice the windows blue bar at the top anymore.
Mark
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Yeh I guess so, its just a pain for doing videos and the like, as they need to be full screen. Its fine it will just take a little longer. Cheers mate its nice to know someone else has these problems.

Nick
PSP722419
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PSP722419 »

Nick,
I also had graphics problems, a friend advised me to right click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 icon, in the properties box, click on the compatibility tab and tick the 'disable desktop composition' box. This seem to work on my pc.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Well Im pleased to say Ive sorted this problem. I downloaded the latest drivers for my Intel internal graphics card, and installed Direct X 10, and the problem no longer occurs. How good is that. HEHE.

Nick
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hmmm, so having the latest drivers cures a problem. That's not something you here everyday :shock: .
Steve