The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Missing fx file may cause CTD

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
ronniegj

Missing fx file may cause CTD

Post by ronniegj »

Just a little warning!

I short time ago, I lost my hard drives, which meant that I lost everything connected to FS along with them. I'll do a better job of backing up from now on.

While rebuilding my fs setup, I was looking for ACM (no longer available) and stumbled upon a site that seemed legit, and had amongst the availabe d/l's a no CD fs9.exe. It worked for a little while, but the I got:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!
Program: E:\Program\Microsoft Games\FS9\fs9.exe

R6025 - pure virtual function call

FS freezes and when you click the ok button on the error message terminates. This will repeat as many times as you care to reboot. Runs for a few minutes, the Error!

I removed the new fs9.exe and replaced with the original. No help.

Uninstalled and reinstalled FS9. No help.

HELP! :(

I've been doing some research, found that it is probable spyware infected. At the very least. Among the recommended actions are steps which I'm not especially comfortable with (deleting a lot of registry files), cleaning out the temp files and running reg clean software. Also, d/l and installing MS freeware spyware clean up program and so on. Some steps ok with me, so a little scary.

I've read numerous forum threads where so and so says he has used no cd file for years with no trouble, but my advise is don't!

Ron :cry:
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

I have had the same error long time ago.(R6025 - pure virtual function call)

It was due to flyable aircrats used as AI traffic.It took me a lot of time to sort it out.
Try to start FS9 without any traffic.bgl file

Good luck :wink:
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

sometimes my FS crashes when i put non-I aircraft as AI and use them.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ah that error, I know it well. It took me a long time to track it down and this is why my F-15 burner mod didn't make the Lakenheath pack.

The cause is quite simply an an effect that isn't built for AI but is being used by AI, aircraft or ship. The problem appears random but my experience tells me that it happens when the system spawns the new AI object inside your zone.

The most common cause I would say is a non-AI aircraft with afterburner, or an AI aircraft that you have grafted the burner effect from another aircraft on to. Check the aircraft that you added to your AI system around the time it started crashing.

I would lay money on it not being spyware. I have been down that road of investigation.

Hope this helps
Steve
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Well, it was working ok, with no issues until I tried out the fs9.exe replacement. I have very little currently installed in FS9, as a result of the loss of the hd's, just mesh, ez-vfr/landmark, UT-USA/Canada_Alaska/Europe, WOAI Alaska Airlines, and Victoria, BC plus the traffic files for it. All was working fine, then I installed the no-cd file and beta for upcoming MAIW package (I know for sure no user a/c here, all original AI only a/c). Started following some AI flights and bam! I've tried a flight departing from KSEA going north and landing at Paine Field using the Sport A/C that came with Extreme Landscapes from Abacus (mesh), which I really love to fly, and the the entire flight lasted longer than the ones with AI following, and had no problems. I think perhaps the problem might be TVB, perhaps currupted. I'm going to install Ollson's F-16, with the Air Show Panel (to make locating and following the subject a/c easier) instead of using TVB. Also, will get SDK Traffic Tool Box re-installed and try using that. Hope in this way to narrow down the problem. I'll report back my results.

Ron
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Steve saved me. It was a bad fx_ file. Thanks Steve.

Ron
Jumpshot724
Major
Major

Post by Jumpshot724 »

I always got that problem when using Flight Deck 5. If you go to far from the carrier that error pops up. Even if you didn't actually go near the carrier, you can't be near it. For example i couldn't fly out of KSAN or the surrounding airports without getting that error. Frustrated me so much I just uninstalled FD5 and wrote an angry letter to Abacus, since I had the same problem with FD4 which I just shrugged off as compatability issues. But the same error in the next in the series, really annoyed me.

PS - Still haven't heard back from Abacus, and while it was an angry-gram I did keep it proffessional so I'm pretty mad they didn't say anything back.
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Wow...deja vu.

I just posted to let the beta guys know that I was going to have to reinstall FS9 and would be out of the loop for a few days.

Reading all the posts above leads me to think my problem is fx related also.
I had a Mig29 that had burners on all the time, so I disabled it. So now when I load up at that particular airbase, I get a CTD.
It happens at various times but that could be when the Mig spawns or flies within range of this base.

So, off to re-enable this effect to see what happens.

Thanks for the tips all.
Kevin Jarvis

KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Well, I re-enabled the burners on the Mig and that seemed to help as I didn't have a CTD...right away.

When I moved to an airbase that had more traffic, everything loaded as usual until it got hung up at 100% traffic. Then the dreaded CTD.

So I think I'm going to reinstall unless someone comes up with yet another tip...LOL.

I'm in the process of backing up my main folders so I can transfer them when complete.
Kevin Jarvis

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

KJ
Please remember that this advice is only if you get the same advice as Ron.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!
Program: E:\Program\Microsoft Games\FS9\fs9.exe

R6025 - pure virtual function call

Re-enabling a non-AI burner effect isn't going to help its only going to make it more unstable. I know that its non-AI as you say that the burner is on all the time.

What you should do is replace, initially, any burners from non-AI models with a safe one, i.e. HT's F-16 burner. If you don't like the look of it then alter it or find an AI safe one that you do like.

Now, a reinstall and rebuild, if you have the above error, is only going to re-introduce it. What you need to do is draw up a list of all the aircraft you use in your AI bgls. Then from that check to see what effects each uses. Check to make sure that each one is AI safe, i.e does it come in a MAIW package or third party AI model package.
This should leave you with the potential culprits, which hopefully shouldn't be too big, then its a case of eliminating them one by one to find the cause.
Steve
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Thanks Steve,
I've added very few new a/c in the past weeks.
So if it comes down to that, I know what to look for.

and YES, it is a NON-AI aircraft with afterburner.
I will replace with Nicks to see what happens next.
Kevin Jarvis