The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Windows XP Shut Down

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Javier Tapia
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Windows XP Shut Down

Post by Javier Tapia »

Hi,
I have problem with my PC and internet searchs have come up with any answer, so, maybe someone here has a solution :wink:

When ever I go to "Start" and click "Turn Off Computer", before the screen that allows me to select between shutting down the computer, rebooting it or the other option I can't remember now... The computer frozees for about 3 to 5 minutes before returning to normal and allowing me to shut down...
Does anyboy knows what may cause this and what is the solution? :cry:

Thanks!
Not a Member from the MAIW team, but giving my contributions whenever I can :D
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi Javier,

I don't have any personal knowledge of this particular error, but it sounds like something is corrupted. Possibly registry related.

I would back everything up and then try to do a repair re-install using your xp boot disk. It will delete all your XP system files but leave your software and more importantly your registry settings alone.

Once you do that try and see if the problem still exists. If it does then its a registry problem and the chances are that you will need to re-install from scratch. If the problem has gone then you will need to re-apply all your XP updates again as the process will have wiped them out.

Fortunately with SP3 out now it should be a fairly quick and painless process.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Steve
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

I had this problem in the past and found out that there were some programs running in the background. Go to Start-Run and type in MSCONFIG and look under the startup tab and see what you dont need running when your computer is running.
Javier Tapia
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Javier Tapia »

OK, I'll take a look thanks!
Not a Member from the MAIW team, but giving my contributions whenever I can :D