The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Internet Download speeds shockingly low

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Internet Download speeds shockingly low

Post by nickblack423 »

Can anyone help me as Im pulling my hair out now.

Ive been experiencing awful download speeds from an FTP client, we're talking down to 800B/S (yes thats bytes) I cannot find anything that will speed it up, Ive used Filezilla and SmartFTPClient both have the same problem, Ive turned my firewalls off and everything but nothing is working. I also cannot even log onto the ftp site in question from windows anymore, it keeps asking me for the password over and over again.

It used to work before about 2 weeks ago. I cant think that anything Ive installed has affected it.

Any help or guidance as to how I can get the rates back up would be much appreciated.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Obviously, I don't know which site you are talking but the key thing is whether your ftp clients are OK on other sites.

If they are, then the problem is with the site you are trying to connect to. If not, then its your network connection.

Can you narrow down the problem area to your network or the target sites network?
Steve
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Well problem solved. I rebooted my router to factory settings and reinstalled the ftp client and hey-presto it works like a dream now.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"