The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Windows XP SP3

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Windows XP SP3

Post by campbeme »

Just wondered if anybody got anything to report on SP3 for XP. Dont want to install it just by what MS say about it would like some feedback please.

Mark
Last edited by campbeme on 27 Dec 2008, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by sprocky »

Installed it a few days ago. No problems to report - yet :wink:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

It won't install on my machine. I haven't tried "everything" yet but I've tried most of the recommended ways to get it to install with no luck. It gets about half way though then says something to the effect of "access is denied" then uninstalls itself.

I've also read that there isn't anything in it that is worth installing. I guess my question is, if you don't install it, will that cause problems with XP down the road if they produce a SP4.

I know SP2 was a pretty big upgrade but it doesn't sound like SP3 is that important. I'm probably wrong though.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Blank Fang
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by Blank Fang »

Installed it successfully quite some time ago without any adverse effects. However if you installed all servive packs up till now your are allmost there wehre SP3 brings you.
On the other hand if you install an new Win XP setup SP3 represents a tremendous shortcut to getting your machine up to date.

As for your question about SP4 if there will be any MS service packs so far have allway been cumulative i.e. all previous fixes were present in the latest instalment hence there was no need to go through installing SP1 and SP2!
-----
Willy
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Good to know, thanks.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Thanks guys for the Input.

Mark
Mark