The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Damn Joystick

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Damn Joystick

Post by BadPvtDan »

So all of a sudden my Extreme 3D Pro stopped working right. It just keeps turning to the left and really doesn't respond at all. I have recalibrated many times and it looks fine. Any ideas?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Jumpshot724
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Jumpshot724 »

Ahhh, the Logitech Extreme 3D pro....

Let's put it this way, I've gone through about 8 of these in about 5 years. Purchase it from Best Buy and get the I think $10.00 for 2 years protection plan. They replace it with a brand new one no uestions asked.

I bought my first one, it worked for 6 months, then broke in the exact same way as you described. I purchased number 2, with the protection plan, and I haven't paid for another one since. Matter of fact my current one is starting to show signs of "3D Pro Syndrome" as I call it. All well, time for a free new one :D

It's a great joystick, don't get me wrong there's a reason I keep getting it. It just usually doesn't last more than 9 months lol.

PS: I even tried taking it apart and "re-building" it, tightening connections etc. But, to no avail. Sorry bud, you're screwed
-Joe W.

"I love the smell of jetfuel in the morning....smells like VICTORY!!"

BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

LOL well that may very well be the case. This one has actually lasted for about 3 years so no complaints I guess.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Damn I've got one of those! I am thinking of getting the saitek X52, I used to use the X35 but it was not USB compatible and my new PC has no game port.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by sprocky »

Hm, got the same joystick. Although it is still working (bought it in 2005 or 2006 and did not use it too much) it shows the beginning of the trouble you described. But even more annoying is the fact that the thrust cannot be calibrated. I cannot go down to idle. Using the default B737 the lowest is about 60% N2. :cry:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

Its the potentiometer (i think thats how you spell it) Im on my third!

Great stick but a standard logitec problem with the twist grip!

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

I went through a series of Logitech joysticks with similar potentiometer problems, so I bit the bullet and bought the Saitek X52 about 3 years ago and haven't had a single problem since. Oooops, now I've gone and said it .... :lol:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Yeah me to had 3 of them all run to the left.

Somebody remind me why we keep buying them?

Mark
Mark
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

They're cheap.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

my dogi logi is pulling to the left :cry:
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

F4
If its less than two years old Logitech will replace it FOC

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I'm on my second one as well, it does suffer from the "syndrome" from time to time. Very annoying but like everyone has said, they're cheap. I haven't brought myself to replace it yet as it still works ok most of the time.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log