The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Can't add Bookmarks

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Col7777
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Can't add Bookmarks

Post by Col7777 »

I have recently developed an irritating bug, when I click to add a webpage to my bookmarks in Firefox 3 it appears to work, but next time I go in to Firefox the bookmark/s are gone.
I'm using Windows XP home as well if thats any use.
I searched the Net and it appears to be a common problem but I can't seem to find a cure, has anybody else got this and if so how did you fix it please?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I use Firefox 3 and have no problem with this, although it does handle bookmarks differently now.
In v2 it would save it by default to the main bookmarks drop down, now it saves it automatically into the 'Recently Bookmarked' section of the drop down menu.
The idea being that when you bookmarked it you didn't have time to create a folder or decide which one to put it in, so it goes in this area until you move it to its final place by using the 'Organize Bookmarks' option.

Hope this helps.
Steve
Col7777
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Col7777 »

Hi Steve,

It dosn't save them there either, I read a bit on the Net and it seems it is becoming a common problem, there was one guy who posted a way to make it work again but I couldn't get my head round it.

I've re-installed Firefox but that didn't cure it, if it is becomong a common problem usually someone comes up with a fix.