The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Two FS9

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Javier Tapia
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Two FS9

Post by Javier Tapia »

Hi,
I currently have 2 FS9 installs on my pc, one i keep to fly contemporary and a retro one (1960 thanks to calclasics package) but I just realise that for some reason the Retro install reads the AFD files from the normal install, in other words, i get to see all the MAIW waypoints, etc. but i can't use them, since it take my aircraft to somewhere very dark on the north pole.

Is there a way for this airports and waypoints no to show? Ohh and addon scenry and AFDs on the retro FS work good, it's the addon AFDs from the normal install that show up

Thanks!
Not a Member from the MAIW team, but giving my contributions whenever I can :D
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

I believe you need to change the config files. I'd suggest you do a Google search as there have been articles on how to run two installations of FS9 and what steps you need to take to separate the two.

Good luck :)
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Col7777
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Col7777 »

Javia,

On CalClassics there is a few threads on there to instruct you, I have two installs like you but I make sure I keep the scenery seperate from each other, i.e the older classic scenery goes in the Classic install scenery folder and the modern in the original install scenery folder, this applies to aircraft as well etc.
Javier Tapia
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Javier Tapia »

I guess I should have looked there jajajaj

Thanks it now works good :)
Not a Member from the MAIW team, but giving my contributions whenever I can :D