The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Installing FS9 and FSX

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Installing FS9 and FSX

Post by Graham King »

I am building a new computer with the power to run FSX. I want to install both on my computer so I can see how my paints differ between versions.

Has anybody else done this and which order do I install them if I want FS9 to be my main version?
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

Blank Fang
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by Blank Fang »

I have both Sims on my machine. They run without interference. Also the filesystem does not share componensts.

I would suggest to install FS9 first and then FS10.

Good Luck
Willy
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

I agree, they don't bite.

Install FS9 first en then FSX. ( remember to uninstall in the reverse order or it will mess up your registry)
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Post by CelticWarrior »

Welcome to the dark side :twisted:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Installing FS9 and FSX

Post by Victory103 »

Sorry old thread revive, FINALLY got a machine capable of both max sliders in FS9 and almost max in FSX, so I bought FSX, of course in my excitement to finally have good smooth framerates, I started installing FSX first before I made the port over of my existing and MAIW heavy FS9 files. Any updates to the procedures or "user tips"?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris