The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

You have to be kidding!

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
N35W
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

You have to be kidding!

Post by N35W »

After all these years trying to find just the right AI aircraft, I come arcoss these gems to put the cherry on top. I pretty much have all the different aircraft you would expect in real world ops. I'm thinking to my self, I'm all most done. No more crying with downloads and all the tech jiberjaber to get traffic the way I want. To my horror what is this! Doing AI testing off Point Magu where I put the USS Stennis aircraft carrier, Out of the blue I get get FS crash. FS9.exe AIplayer? what the hell! I have never seen this before. Every thing has been working fine for years. I have no idea what could have changed to do this. The only latest changes my systerm is that I was testing the Finnish F-18s off the carrier. Any ideas what could be causing this problem? That's messed up to spend years building something up just to have if crack like a house of cards. :evil:
Jeff
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Man, is it really that bad?
Lose the carrier scenery and try again.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

It would help if you could show us exactly what your crash shows. I.e what shows up on the box after the crash. It could be caused by any one of numerous problems Im afraid and without any further details we are unable to help too much.

Please remember though that our packages go through rigorous testing before release and are not released if they cause any problems. It could be any number of third party programs.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
N35W
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by N35W »

I hear you Nick. I have no idea where the error report is stored. And when I at least try to get a screen capture of the initial dialog, thats not working either. So I guess I'll have do it the old fashion way and write it on paper.

I use Traffic View Board to observe my AI traffic during AI testing. FS9.exe AI_playr and TrafficViewBoard.gau are at the top of the list when it errors out.

Traffic View Board has it's quarks but I have never seen this before.
When ever I have a strange intermittent problem, I do the usual just to be safe.

I reinstall:

Directx
Invida drivers
default gauges
default modules
FSUIPC
Traffic View Board

90% percent of the time this will solve a problem that pop's up. Not this time though.

BadPvtDan, Thank you for making me take a closer look at the scenery.

The Stennis Aircraft Carrier I put off Point Magu has be working fine for years, but I did have to un install it for some reason and put it back on recently. I lost my original AFCAD I spent days perfecting, So I had to start from scratch and make another. Normally I would do a double check and use fault finder, but evidently that was not the case this time. I found a ton of designation errors in the AFCAD. So with this, I checked all my recently modded AFCAD's for faults. caught a few stragglers and thought this just might be the solution. Nope It runs fine for about 35 mins then crashes. But look at this, so I go to 1 airport testing flight plans. I'm in Santa Monica, Ca. I do most of my AI testing at KSMO. 1 Hour goes by, no crash. So I go back to my regional flight plans and crash. Then with your advice I remove the Stennis flight plans from the master list and 1 hour 40 min no crash. So you might be on to something. Something has corrupted my Stennis scenery that wasn't there before.

So looks like there won't be any Carrier OPS for awhile. Bummer. It took years finely get planes to work off that ship. At least everything else works, which is more important.

Sounds like its time for a system rebuild, but I'm not looking forward to it.
I have so many system mods that it takes about 16 strait hours to redo everything.

Oh! one other question, and worried about this being a snake in the very begining of getting it to AI programming.

Is there a limit to number of AI aircraft that can be in the aircraft file?
I'm up to aircraft#1083

Thanks very much guys for the response.

Nick, what can I say, your the Master! Excellent work on the F-18's
I have been waiting for a true AI F-18 for years. It's my favorite aircraft.
Jeff
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

N35W wrote:Is there a limit to number of AI aircraft that can be in the aircraft file?
I'm up to aircraft#1083
Don't put all your AI Aircraft into the 1 file, put them into seperate files. It makes it alot easier to organise and quicker to compile. See how we do it.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

I separate mine as well. I have never found a limit.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

I believe I had this problem a few weeks ago.

I used Flight Sim Manager, which is an old program, to sort out several scenery issues. Once I did that I didn't have any more problems.

I got FSM at Avsim b/c I couldn't find it anywhere else.

You'll also need FSM Start up.
Kevin Jarvis

N35W
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by N35W »

Roger That Nick. Didn't know you could have more than one. Thats good to know.

Kevin, I'll keep my eyes open for that APP. Who knows, I might all ready have it in my database.

Thanks for all your help guys. :)
Jeff
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

FSM is about 4 years old now. The author built a poison pill into it which renders it useless unless you change your computers date back to 2005.
FSM Start is a little file that will do that for you.

I'll hunt it down again and let you know where I found it.

Rana Hossain was the developer. Rana Inside was his website which is now closed.

Update; I found a later version at Surclaro.com

http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?qu ... &op=search

You will have to register in order to download.

Update 2: It appears that a program titled 'Add-It Pro' may do the same thing. I'm testing it right now.
Kevin Jarvis

N35W
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by N35W »

Roger That Kevin. Standing by for your results.

Back to Traffic Tools. Now I see. As long as you have the prefix Airports, Aircraft, Flightplans, you can call it what ever you want.

That would make it alot easier to have seperate files when adding a few new aircraft. I'm sure some aircraft in my aircraft file aren't even in the aircraft folder and no telling how the compiler reasons this. Could cause unforseen creepy bugs. :)

I need to clean up my aircraft file and break it up as suggested.

Do you compile each group seperatley or can you have multi groupes?

Thanks again everybody. I'm not much of a form person and I know we should be spending our limited time flying insted of adimistration. So thank you for your time.
Jeff
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

the maximum number of aircraft in one aircraft.txt file is 65356.
After that it will renumber aircraft 65357 to aircraft 1.

It's the maximum number possible in a standard 32 bit application.

Even under vista64 and other operating systems the number is limited by the code that FS is written in (32 bits) :wink:
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks for the info, Tom.

I have to say that if we ever produce a pack that falls foul of that limit is the day I think that we should quit :lol: .
Steve
N35W
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by N35W »

Oh Boy! :lol:
I don't think that many aircraft variations have ever been close to that number created in the history of aviation. :)
Jeff