The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FS9 Wx Download

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
msm8378
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

FS9 Wx Download

Post by msm8378 »

Just curious if anyone is having problems downloading weather with FS9? I have been trying for several days and keep getting an error message from within the sim. I thought maybe my system got screwed up someway, so did a fresh install of FS9, but still cannot download weather....

If the answer is no, does anyone know of the specific files within FS9 that control access to the internet for weather download?

Thanks,

Mat :?

Update: Found in the FS9 config what site the weather is downloaded via. Went to the site via browser and found the site with no problem. Config shows Port 80 assigned for download and as far as I can tell the port is working properly....
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Have you recently changed your anti-virus or firewall proggies, including updates and configs?
Steve
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

Steve,

Thanks for the reply...

I think I have narrowed my problem down. I was working on another project that involved reconfiguring some of the ports. The real "kick in the pants" is that I have forgotten what those changes were. I am going to have to research my notes and figure out what I did and undo it.

To add to my humility, my wife is having great fun with my loss of memory on this one. She likes to take advantage of any errors I make which demonstrate my continued march towards old age... :D

Mat
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ah yes the old reconfiguring for something else ploy.

Well hopefully after pointing you in the right direction I can help further. The ports that I have got configured for FS9, various reasons including multiplayer are :-
23456 TCP & UDP
6073 TCP & UDP
23432 TCP & UDP
10692 UDP

Plus I believe that it uses 2300-240 TCP & UDP so make sure they aren't blocked.

Weather works for me, so I would say check those ones first. If you can't remember what you did to the config.
Good Luck.
Steve
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

Steve...

Thanks again for the help. :D

I wish I could blame it on a ploy, however, I finally did figure out what I had done wrong or at least failed to reset. I have been involved in a IIS/SQL beta project with some other folks. MSFS uses Port 80 to access the internet and d/l with. I had to lock out port 80 though for the other project and had forgot that I had done it and exactly how I had done it to start with. But all is well now thanks to my project journals....

Mat
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad you got it figured out and its fixed.
Steve
N35W
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by N35W »

That's good to here from this side too.

SQL, what kind of trouble are you getting into over there Mr. :)
Jeff
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

The SQL project is an Internal Inventory Control program on an Intranet. It is for a friend who owns a small manufacturing company here where I live.

We had looked at a large number of commercial products already available, but none were capable of doing what he wanted, so a group of us have set down to develop a program for him...

Mat