The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

So I came home today....

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

So I came home today....

Post by djnocturnal »

Some of you may know I have been away from home for a few works for work. I come home today and my hard drive which has strictly FS9 and all of its addons says it cannot be found and is making a rather nasty humming noise. I know little about computers. Does this mean my HD is toast? I have all of my programs backed up and and what not but its going to take a while to get all back to where it was. Any ideas?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: So I came home today....

Post by MIKE JG »

From my experience, you're probably screwed as far as that drive goes. At least you have stuff backed up.

I wonder if the disc itself could still be saved and read by another machine. Are your other drives functioning ok?

Not that I can really help you any. :smt102
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by KevinJarvis »

I've had this happen twice this year.

If you have another computer, you can take the drive in question and install it as a slave drive. You may have to change the boot up priorities too.

If it works, you will still be able to access all the files on that drive.
Kevin Jarvis

djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by djnocturnal »

will give that a try. all other drives are funcioning ok. the drive with the issues was not even 2 years old :(