The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW Install Problem

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
plumber
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

MAIW Install Problem

Post by plumber »

Hi, over the last few days I have tried to install the RAF Seaking package in order that I can use the Norwegion Chopper package here on MAIW. I can download your files and extract them but when I select RUN I get the following from my AntiVirus;
Win32/ADWare.Click Team. generic. Malware infected. (Threat Level High)
I have tried other downloads from your site with the same effect.
I must point out that has never happened before as I have many of your exellent packages installed on my PC.

Any advise please
Regards
Brian H
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: MAIW Install Problem

Post by Firebird »

Brian,
As somebody who has spent the last couple of days getting similar warnings from Ad-Aware about our latest packages. I can sympathize.

I have done a little bit of checking and this is what I believe is the case. The freeware version of the clickteam installer contains something, of which the blurb from their own website mentions:-
Free, you read it right!
A complete version of Install Creator with unlimited rights to produce installers for both commercial and non commercial products. Each installer will contain an advertisement page for Clickteam when the installation is complete, with a button to connect to our web site.... And that final advertisement is all we ask. There are absolutely no limitations in the functionality, and none of those annoying "nag screens" in the software.
I believe that the latest virus/trojan/adware checkers have now started picking this up and alerting.

I can understand if you do want to see if we can get more info, before running, but I can say that I have installed the packs.
Steve
plumber
Captain
Captain

Re: MAIW Install Problem

Post by plumber »

Thanks Steve, just got it to work for me, have to see what happens next time.
Regards
Brian :lol: