The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

ATC / AI Radar application

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

ATC / AI Radar application

Post by Kurosaki »

I spent some time today but was relatively unsuccessful locating a simple application for tracking the AI (anything flying in my traffic). There appears to be several ATC radars that are quite involved and some payware, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a simple application that can be run at the same time as FS9 and simply show the location of all flying aircraft. (so far the best and closet thing is the demo panel for the USVIPER which does have radar). - thanks in advance if you know of any applications like this. (hope this is the right forum by the way...new guy again, sorry!)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: ATC / AI Radar application

Post by MIKE JG »

Download the MS FS2004 Traffic Tools SDK, it has exactly what you are looking for, and the best part, it's 100% free.

Download link: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downlo ... file&id=38
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

What you need is a TCAS gauge.
It will show all traffic within 40 miles.

There are a couple of them at Flightsim.com
Kevin Jarvis

Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

KevinJarvis wrote:What you need is a TCAS gauge.
It will show all traffic within 40 miles.
I've read a little bit about using those. Since I'm a novice to the FS9 programming thing It might be a good exercise for me to learn how to insert one as an optional panel component. Though the USVIPER pannel I'm using has one, I'd love to fill in the blank gauges somehow with others already in my library.

Thanks by the way for the Traffic Toolbox link! I've been reading a bit on how to get it started and just wanted to know if there is a programming language I'm lacking for this. I installed it to a folder within my FS2004 root folder and attempted to run the application but it flashes a command prompt (that disappears quickly) and I'm unable to ascertain what its error is or what its lacking. Pretty much every tutorial I see for installation and function are prefaced by "FSX" (like this)

This seemed promising but asks for files and folder structures that were not created by the traffic tools program as did most other tutorials.

Anyone else have these issues or seen them when attempting to run the "TrafficDatabaseBuilder" application?
tjwhite56
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by tjwhite56 »

There is a thing on Flightsim.com called mobile control tower, that has a radar.
The file is rcmct641.zip and rcmct642.zip it is a two part download. I am not sure what the range is, I think it uses the same radar gauge as Kirk's Viper. Check it out, might be what your looking for.

Terry