The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Removal of excess static AI (how to?)

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Removal of excess static AI (how to?)

Post by Kurosaki »

A question I've had that I'm struggling getting answered...

In an effort to get out of single digit frame rates when at Hill, Nellis and some of the other works of art...Can anyone offer a process as to how to remove some of the excess AI? I assume that there is going to be work done with the .bgl or flight plan file? I roughly know my way around the .bgl file and its components when "extracted" or decompiled. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Removal of excess static AI (how to?)

Post by MIKE JG »

The easiest thing to do is to turn down the AI Traffic percentage slider. You could also de-compile the flight plans, and change the percentage of the various flight plans so that they are more evenly distrbtued from 0% to 100%.

You can also have all the aircraft use just a single texture in places like Hill or Luke where the textures are all basically the same. To do that you have to alter each Aircraft.cfg entry so that each one calls just one texture instead of many like our packages usually do.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Kurosaki »

Thanks for those suggestions. In case anyone else had questions about how the files are constructed or the order of the information as it reads in a flight plan, see this:

PDF tutorial: http://users.skynet.be/robflsim/files/A ... FS2004.pdf
and by SurCarlo: http://www.surclaro.com/AI_Tutorial/

I noticed however that after turning down AI %'s through FS, that Hill AFB has a default, everything or nothing at 51%. I'll work on making it more of a spread for my purposes. Otherwise, its refreshing to see Nellis busy but not so much so as to destroy frame rates. Mike, do you want me to send you a copy of the new flight plans for this adjustment (Hill AFB)?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

No thanks, flight plans are sort of an individual's preference. For some people, they can run their traffic slider at 100% and suffer no loss of FPS, for others, it makes a huge difference in FPS. It all depends on each individual setup.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log