The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

xceed.dll error ???

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

xceed.dll error ???

Post by MIKE JG »

I bought an addon for FS9 that places a realistic Garmin 1000 unit in the default 182. http://www.mindstarprods.com/aviation/

I ordered the product and finally got the installer to run after having to have the support staff email me a beta version of the installer.

In this unbelievably complicated registration and activation process, I now have to input my product key. No biggie except now that I'm finally up to this step, every time I try to carry out this next step by making use of the installed software, I'm getting this message:
xceeddll_error.jpg
So I Google this and the advice is to download the latest version of this dll and replace all older versions on your computer with the latest version. So I go through this process and I'm still getting this message.

I've now spent the last three hours trying to purchase, install and register this addon so I could make use of it. Unfortunately I'm not much further along than I was when I started. This includes running a commercial registry cleaner that ended up changing all of my character fonts to that stupid "Wingdings" font so every single letter on my computer after that was some stupid little symbol. Luckily the cleaner always makes a registry backup first so I was able to restore the original files and I can at least read the characters again.

So while I wait impatiently for the support staff to make a recommendation, I thought I would ask about this stupid .dll file here first to see if anyone else has had this error.

/pissed off and going to bed..........
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: xceed.dll error ???

Post by Firebird »

I usually like to chip in with at least a guess, but I have no experience here. Sorry, Mike.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

And neither does the software developer apparently as he wants to use teamviewer to look around my machine now cause I'm the first person to ever have this issue.
-Mike G.

scottr5213
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by scottr5213 »

There are a whole host of runtime errors that can plague the computer at any time. The very fact that we live in a dynamic world where all sorts of programming and software can exist within the operating system environment will inevitably lead to many incarnations of programming and registry problems. Runtime error 372 is associated with the Microsoft Visual Basics environment and when it loads an Image List control, conflicts and problems with the software might make you receive a host of error messages that include (and somewhere along the lines of) - the program failing to load the control image list from a file that is called mscomctl.ocx. One of the common problems is that Windows will say that the version of this file is either outdated or missing.

The problem could be attributed to problems of colour depth within the desktop or icons or an application is running a conflicting colour depth. The other problem might be that there is a problem within the registry, invalid program entries that are associated with the Visual Basics Runtime environment can cause Windows to choke when it tries to load the specific program. At the end of the day, it all boils down to the registry. Runtime Error 372 is just one of the problems that is associated with the registry - an all too familiar signal that there is something wrong with how you use the PC. Don't be alarmed, every one of us is unknowingly slowly but surely decaying the registry because our daily lives require us to consistently add and remove programs, change system files or add components to the computer. We live in a philosophy of change and this mantra has translated itself to the computer. While change is good, change when it comes to the computer, change can cause some bad side effects. Bad uninstalls of programs (which happens all the time) can cause problems like program entries still existing for those which have been deleted, or orphan keys associated with the same problems.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

The latest Norton's has a registry clean up that runs on a schedule. I'm not sure how good it is but it makes me feel better.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Thanks Scott for the insight, that's way above my level of understanding, LOL!

The question then becomes how to fix my registry as I know it's got a few errors. Right now, I've recovered things to a level where I don't want to do a complete re-install of the OS. Trying to fix the registry is what got me into this situation in the first place so it doesn't seem like the best idea.

I may be getting a brand new computer soon so re-installing the OS may be more work than it's worth at this point.
-Mike G.