The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Non-MAIW related AI issues

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Non-MAIW related AI issues

Post by Victory103 »

Just troubleshooting a CTD issue I have with FS9 and thought maybe you guys would have some insight on where to start looking. I started checking the scenery in my area I am having the CTD's, central TX. Turned off all AI and no issues, added just GA and still nothing wrong there. I then turned off GA and started adding only Airlines by traffic %, starting with 10% and slowly working my way up to my normal setting that my laptop can handle of 75-80%.

In the past, when an AI aircraft has no room to park, they still land at the destination airport, roll out, and then disappear. As I added more traffic, I followed a few landing at KSAT. Just above touchdown, the AI are disappearing. Most of my stock AI is off and I run WOA/PAI for the major airlines. The AFCAD/scenery seem fine. I don't believe it's a model issue as the same AI models perform well everywhere else. The CTD's happen when I am in both the flyable model or viewing AI with Trfc Explorer.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: Non-MAIW related AI issues

Post by BadPvtDan »

It's usually a corrupt texture. I would bet one of them from your add-on airlines is bad.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
kungfuman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by kungfuman »

Also, something maybe wrong with your KSAT afcad if aircraft are disappearing just before touchdown. I've never come across that before, I've only seen the more common problem of aircraft disappearing after touchdown, when they come to a stop. Maybe you have duplicate afcads? Sorry I'm not much help...
Dan
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

When Dan talks about corrupt textures, that would also include 32 bit ones. They cause these crashes as well.
Steve
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks gents that's a start, I've got Procmon but it doesn't seem to show the file that is loading at the time of the CTD. I'll run ACA2005 and see if anything happens.

After writing the original post as the sim was running, other AI landed parked at both major airports (KAUS, KSAT) with no issues.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris