The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

DXTBmp Installation

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

DXTBmp Installation

Post by flynby »

Downloaded version 4.00.94. How do I install this program so I can use the Windows "Open With"? Keep getting the message "Not valid Win32 Application".

Getting Windows 64 bit 7 Pro. Told it is more stable than Home Premium 64 bit??
Will DXTBmp work with this new os, or have you tried it?

Thanks so much
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: DXTBmp Installation

Post by delbydoo »

I run XP and have just managed to open one of the default 737 textures using the "open with" method but I don't think you can set DXTbmp as the default program to open texture files with, even if you check the "always" option.

Hold the press: Just found out you CAN set DXTbmp as the default program.....by doing what I just done :roll:
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by flynby »

I just went to the Control Panel, Folder Options, File Types, and pressed the Change Button. There I found the DXTBmp Name--But the Airplane icon is not showing.
Appreciate any advice how to correct. Or, should it work this way?
BMP's and JPEG's claim to be invalid win32 applications.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by delbydoo »

I wouldn't worry too much about that - just try doing what you're doing, then try to open a texture file on it's own, you should find that it will open with DXTbmp; I don't know why the icon isn't showing properly, maybe to do with the fact that it isn't installed inside the PROGRAM folder, but on your local disc instead. I may be wrong, I'm not an ex-spurt on this sort of thing, I just know that it does work for me on my system.
Failing that, try reinstalling.