The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Help. FS9 hangs on bootup - graphics conflict?

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
kiwisfly
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Help. FS9 hangs on bootup - graphics conflict?

Post by kiwisfly »

:? I've just gone through a mid level upgrade on my PC and now find FS9 hangs mid way though it's boot sequence stopping when the mem usage in task manager gets to around 29000K. I've checked video drivers etc even reinstalled FS9 and have not managed to come up with a solution.
my system is Win XP SP2, AMD3 3.0GHZ CPU,on a Asus M4A785T-M motherboard, 2GB DDR3 RAM, 1GB GeForce GT220 PCI-e 16 Vid Card with Direct X 9 installed. FS9 sits on a 500GB Sata2 HDD. I suspect a graphics conflict, but can't figure out where. Do I need to disable internal graphics on the MB, if so , how?
Can anyone offer any help or advice?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Help. FS9 hangs on bootup - graphics conflict?

Post by Firebird »

So it hangs but doesn't crash. Does this happen to any other game?
I did have a situation once where the only software that had a problem with my software was FS9, but that was due to overclocking pushing the envelope. It probably would have had the same issue with other games though if I had any others.

My guess is probably that if you have multiple games that push the PC and FS9 is the only one with a problem then its likely to be an FS9 issue. This maybe caused by a graphics card conflict. I would revert to your motherboard manual on how to disable the internal one.

It may be that FS9 is still using the old graphics card if not deactivated. It might be worth renaming the FS9.cfg, for safety, and letting FS9 build a new one.

If this turns out not to be the case, then I would rename your FS9 installation, for safety, and then re-install FS9 clean. See if this still has an issue.
Steve