The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FS9 Freezes

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

FS9 Freezes

Post by BadPvtDan »

My game has started freezing. I only have to switch views to bring it back. Also, sometimes when switching views the screen will be all black. Again, switching views clears it up. The weird thing is if I move my joystick while it is frozen...when I come back I have moved. Any ideas?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: FS9 Freezes

Post by MIKE JG »

Is your graphics card failing? Maybe the fan is failing and it's getting too hot?

Could always let the FS9.cfg rebuild itself.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

BadPvtDan wrote:My game has started freezing. I only have to switch views to bring it back. Also, sometimes when switching views the screen will be all black. Again, switching views clears it up. The weird thing is if I move my joystick while it is frozen...when I come back I have moved. Any ideas?

Judging by your symtoms you are running Vista 64 Bit? A complete re install will solve the problem, but it will return again at some point, this has dogged me ever since moving from XP to Vista 64. The best solution for me is to run the game in full screen mode, as it only freezes in window mode for me. One of those odd annoying things that came with vista 64, I think Graham K also had this issue a couple of years ago I think he reinstalled his game.

Mark :D
Mark
maddog65
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by maddog65 »

I have the same problem on my laptop which is running Vista 32 bit. I don't fly on my laptop and just use it for testing purposes when I am on travel.
Les
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I had been wondering if my video card was going out as I was having problems with my *real* games and that's why I just installed a new card last night. That fixed my problems with the *real* games but did nothing for FS9.

You guessed it...Vista 64 bit in windowed mode.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."