The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Couple Payware Questions

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
msm8378
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Couple Payware Questions

Post by msm8378 »

Hopefully someone has already dealt with these issues and can give me some helpful guidance...

1) Shockwave lights for FS9...installed and edited cfgs as directed and now beacons/strobes both go on and off when strobe or beacon panel switch is clicked or keyboard command given. In other words, if I click/key for strobes to go off I lose both beacons and strobes. Have tried re-installing and several cfg adjustments to no avail....

2) FranceVFR AI Radar...installed and edited cfgs as directed. No joy...gauge appears but no AI traffic in gauge displays. Does this program require a registered copy of FSUIPC to work? I have the freeware version of EM's gauge with FS2004 Mobile Control Tower and it is still working fine, but the payware does not...same with the Tower Controller gauge.

Both of these were Christmas gifts courtesy of my better half and she his hoping that she did not waste her ten minutes of time to earn the money for these... :D Guess, I should have become an RN so I could make big bucks by the minute....

Other Christmas goodies I got this year include the Simflyer G1000 gauge, Vertavia/Alphasim MH-53J...both are great and the MH-53J is awesome and brings back many great memories... :lol:

Thanks ahead of time for any comments or guidance.

Mathew S. Milutin
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Couple Payware Questions

Post by MIKE JG »

Matt it sounds like you have your beacon light defined as a strobe, which is type #2. I think if you change it in your cfg file to a type #3, you should fix that problem.

Read this thread, it explains the whole [lights] section of the Aircraft.cfg file:
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =10&t=4754

Can't help you with the other question though, I don't know anything about it.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
msm8378
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by msm8378 »

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Yeah, I already tried verifying the light type settings...no joy.

I am now trying to compare the Shockwave effect files themselves to the MS defaults and the SDK notes to see if I can figure out what is happening.

I think that my second question is probably true on the question of registered FSUIPC....so will bite the bullet and shell out the $20...been needing to do it anyways.

Mat
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Paying for FSUIPC is one of the best FS investments you can make.

BTW, have you double-checked your FS9 key command settings? Maybe something got changed?
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log