The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Breakthrough in FS9 modeling technology

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Breakthrough in FS9 modeling technology

Post by Kurosaki »

Its not a cure for cancer, but a breakthrough in FS9 modeling restrictions-bypass has been found and is going public.

http://simflight.com/2011/02/02/boeing- ... 04-models/

Be sure to read the full article/view images. Quite a remarkable technology, some of which was being used by POSKY for a while. Now polygon counts and go up greatly and enhancements to lighting are possible... without much more taxing of computer resources (I'll believe that when I see it).

...too bad this didn't come out several years ago when a lot of developers were still around, but hopefully there are still plenty likely willing to pick up the brush (mouse) and re-invent some more...
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Breakthrough in FS9 modeling technology

Post by petebramley »

WOW
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

FSX quality models in FS9. Too bad most of the quality developers have moved to FSX.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

MIKE JG wrote:FSX quality models in FS9. Too bad most of the quality developers have moved to FSX.
My thoughts exactly. Its great news in a way, but I hope the ship to FSX land hasn't sailed and taken too much of the talent away from FS9 development. Perhaps this will attract some to return to development? Also, I'm curious as to what kind of changes will this have on the shift of FS9 payware becoming freeware...slow it down perhaps? Influence a longer development plan for current building groups?
jaguar1
Captain
Captain

Post by jaguar1 »

The attention to detail here is simply staggering!!
:shock: :shock:
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Too bad most of the quality developers have moved to FSX
Now Now Mike, are you trying to tell us something.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Just that the payware guys have all moved to FSX and don't seem to have any interest in making models for both sims any longer. I would love to have the new A-10, B-52 and F-16s. Not going to happen as I do not intend to ever switch to FSX.
-Mike G.

msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

Amen to that Mike...

I intend to stay with FS9 as well. For one I have too many hours invested in my current setup. For two I cannot afford to continue to re-invest in hardware as often now that I am retired.

However, with all that said, I still see some future developments for FS9 as being plausible and the MAIW community is still as strong as ever...

Mat
Pixy
Captain
Captain

Post by Pixy »

+1 with you Mike, I really want F-16s for FS9, just like the FSX versions of Aerosoft and Iris's F-16
Tatit
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Felixthreeone »

I will be purchasing a new rig in the next two weeks....if I can get my hands on an i7 2600K, that is...BUT: I am keeping my current FS9 laptop setup, since it is superduper great. I am going to see what happens...
Matt

Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

MIKE JG wrote:Just that the payware guys have all moved to FSX and don't seem to have any interest in making models for both sims any longer. I would love to have the new A-10, B-52 and F-16s. Not going to happen as I do not intend to ever switch to FSX.
I agree. But who knows, maybe the new method/technique will arouse some FS9 modelers to return to their roots and and crank out one last generation of planes. I think Kirk O's F-16 is good, but am a bit surprised nobody else has created another (for example)...who knows!, maybe someone out there is creating those models right now after seeing the example of the bi-plane.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

MIKE JG wrote:Just that the payware guys have all moved to FSX and don't seem to have any interest in making models for both sims any longer. I would love to have the new A-10, B-52 and F-16s. Not going to happen as I do not intend to ever switch to FSX.
I am proud to announce that I stand corrected! Good for Lionheart Creations!

Check out their new model, has half a million polygons for the FS9 version.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Dynamic
-Mike G.

sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

MIKE JG wrote:
I am proud to announce that I stand corrected! Good for Lionheart Creations!

Check out their new model, has half a million polygons for the FS9 version.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Dynamic
That's incredible !!!