The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Problem

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
eric_19
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Problem

Post by eric_19 »

Not Miltary ai related but i have a problem on a loading screen.
When i load up Caracas or somewhere near there, it crashes when it reachs 91%-91%, most of the time happens in the day but it does not a night, the only time it doesn't crash is where the time is 06:30am.

So any help and what can i do?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Problem

Post by Firebird »

It sounds like there is an addon scenery issue. Try disabling it, and seeing if it loads ok.
If it does that is then you have to work out whether its a missing texture, the scenery is trying to load a texture not in your scenery path, or sometimes it can be a 32-bit texture in the scenery rather than a DXT1 texture.

First things first, do you have a third party scenery for the airport, and what is it? Try the disable test.
Steve
clarke123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by clarke123 »

The scenery should have loaded by then. At 82% the sim starts loading AI. Could be a transient AI plane that's in the area at that time that has the fault.
veni, vidi, spurius brutus deitrum covi - I came, I saw, I tore the thick bastards limb from limb
eric_19
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by eric_19 »

Yeah i try disabling the shadow effects etc and having no aircraft to see if it works. I think i added fs9 aircraft which maybe the problem.
eric_19
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by eric_19 »

Works when i have no aircraft, i dont know what to do.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Firstly, as something about your comment seems to indicate that this is an FSX problem, is it?

Well this will be time consuming but it really is the only way to go.

It will help if you know a date that it worked before. If you do then move all of the traffic files with a creation date after that time to another folder. You can create a temp folder in the same directory and put them in there if you like. As long as that folder is not added to the path that FS searches it will be fine.

Once you have checked that this works then start adding more traffic files back to the main directory, until it crashes again. Once you have narrowed it down to a traffic file it is a simple thing to check the aircraft that are in that file.

I admit that I don't use FSX so we can only really give you advice on what crashes FS9. I have never known AI to crash FS9 on startup. I have known it to crash it once loaded, 32bit texture or a non-AI effect, but not on startup.
This is a guess here but it might be that the model has some xml that is not compatible with FSX, but I don't know that version.

Once you have narrowed it to the traffic file we can do more then.

... of course if you don't have several traffic files because you combine them all into one, then you have a hell of a job.
Steve
eric_19
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by eric_19 »

I did that but still it crashes. Would it be the aircraft itself?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sorry Eric, but you did what?
Did you narrow it down to a single traffic file that is the problem, or did you find multiples?
Steve