Windows 11 (very early)

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Windows 11 (very early)

Post by Firebird »

Gents,

I know that it is some time off - 6 months or so, but I thought that people might like to see the new OS in its early days. The article on Neowin is the best I have seen so far for showing the look and feature changes.

Some will find it interesting and some will not like it as people do get used to a certain way things work. However, it is coming. You will have to move eventually, so if the article helps you to start to acclimatize to the change then it is a good thing.

https://www.neowin.net/news/here-are-th ... indows-11/
Steve

Champions of Europe
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Re: Windows 11 (very early)

Post by msm8378 »

So basically the new UI is giving windows users many features and functions that have been available in linux for the last 20 years...

I want to go back to the days where my T/RS Model 4D with 12MB Suitcase HDD was considered top of the line...never seen a better platform for Space Invaders since... DOS and Wildcat BBS... MS Windows 3.1... MSFS v1 with Mallard Scenery Expansion Packs...

Wife just looked over my shoulder and smacked me in the head...sorry having a senior moment... 8)

Mat
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

You are talking to somebody that still clings to his Amiga 3000T because the OS and design philosophy were far ahead of the time. Trouble was Commodore were cr*p at marketing something very good whilst MS were able to market cr*p superbly well.
Steve

Champions of Europe
msm8378
Captain
Captain

Post by msm8378 »

Love the Amiga systems...I had a Commodore 128 in 1985. I forget the name of the magazine, but I subscribed to one that always had machine/assembly language scripts for different games you could program into the C128. I killed a lot of hours punching numbers into that thing to create sprites and sounds, etc. in the barracks back in the day...