The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Navy C-130s

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
navychief8

Navy C-130s

Post by navychief8 »

Has anyone done any Navy low vis C-130 repaints. I am trying to get some VX-20 C-130Js and C-130Hs for the PAX River package.

Thanks
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Navy C-130s

Post by Victory103 »

Other than the standard TPS not to my knowledge, I would have them! Are you looking for the new scheme that looks like the Marine Harriers?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by Graham King »

I have this but I am not happy with the colour. I cannot find any reference to the Federal Standard (FS) color used.

I found 5 BuNo in the new scheme.
Attachments
c130h.zip
(213.87 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

Interesting that one of the latest deliveries is in the three tone scheme. http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Ma ... /1947776/L

Looking at this picture it looks like 4 shades of grey. There is a darker grey at the bottom.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

That was quick Graham, thanks. The "J" shot looks very similar to the current 3-tone used by both USN/USMC Hercs, although that is a clean bird for USMC standards. I thought this new scheme is close to what the Canadian 130's look like. Installed AX-4994, looks great Graham, I think the paint will wear to that shade pretty quick.

For anyone else not tracking the new Navy paint C-130T's
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-p ... 956428.jpg
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
navychief8

Post by navychief8 »

Thanks guys, that was fast.
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

OK, first thing it was not that quick, I had done it previously, I just had not released it.

Attached is a full paint. I have completed the detailing. I am still not happy with the grey but it is the best I can do.

I have also amended the alpha layer on the propellor to make the blades thicker when rotating and also to highlight the coloured tips more. Can people please comment on these as they will become my new standard if people are happy.

If people are happy with the paint I will release a little update package to substitute into the MAIW package the 5 aircraft listed above.
Attachments
USN_KC-130H_New_Grey.zip
(195.07 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Graham King

www.graham-king.me.uk

Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Just on the props, any adverse effects from using this version in FSX? Using Owl's prop replacement tool and aircraft.cfg entry for prop-ratio.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

Yes these should be OK in FSX. I am using prop_anim_ratio=-0.12
Graham King

www.graham-king.me.uk

navychief8

Post by navychief8 »

Here was the paint scheme I was looking for. 3 color grey scheme.
Attachments
kc130j2_filtered.jpg
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

You need to download the US Navy and Marine C-130's package. It has 3 C-130F's for VX-20. It is a few years old now so no C-130J's for Pax River.

You will also need the World of AI installer for this package.
Graham King

www.graham-king.me.uk

navychief8

Post by navychief8 »

Thanks Graham, I found it last night. But I needed your new paint anyways for the Hercs here at NAS JAX. The just started repainting them to this new scheme.