The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Half a pixel???

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Half a pixel???

Post by MIKE JG »

Does anyone know if it is possible to paint with just one half of a pixel in Paint Shop Pro or even Photoshop??

I have a panel line on a texture that is literally .5 of a pixel off. Not a huge deal but it's driving me crazy.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Half a pixel???

Post by Firebird »

Excuse me for asking a really stupid question but is it possible to double the size of the bitmap so that the line can fixed?
Steve
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Sometimes I wish I could do that Mike - the only way I know of reducing a single pixel width line is to select it and then use Selections/Modify/Retract (I use PSP7), then fill that with whatever colour you need.
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

Basically Mike no. Whatever you do it will always be half a pixel out. If it is something like a panel line on 2 sides of the fuselage the best you can do is not take it all the way to the top and bottom so it never actually meets on the model.

You might be able to do something by sloping the line but without actually seeing what you are trying to do I cannot tell you.

If you remeber we had a similar problem with a wheel. It needed to be one pixel wider in order to get it centred so the wheel did not "wobble" when taxiing. The only solution was to go back to the model file and make it a pixel wider on the texture.
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk