The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

CHANCE TO WIN!

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Flyin Illini
Major
Major
Version: FS9

CHANCE TO WIN!

Post by Flyin Illini »

Hello all my friend, I need a change up, I am giving an opportunity today. The first person who puts in a request into this thread, I will paint that one aircraft for them. Rules, you must provide a link to photos and where the AI model is available if I don't already have it and that's it! Good luck!
Phantoms Phorever!
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: CHANCE TO WIN!

Post by campbeme »

I'd love this Apache in my sim Aaron please.

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... ersion=6.0
and
http://www.apachedemoteam.nl/

NBAI Dutch model. Correct model found in this package http://www.militaryaiworks.com/Released ... urrell.zip

Video of the beast http://youtu.be/Um_ZX44xV7Y
Attachments
image.jpg
Mark
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

You got it mr Campbell, ill start on it tonight.
Phantoms Phorever!
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Really cool Aaron thanks buddy. :D
Mark
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Aaron, are you headed to Oshkosh this year?

BTW, you're famous amongst the aviation community these days. This picture was posted on the professional pilot forum that I belong to. The thread was discussing this accident which you had a front row seat to watch.

-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

MIKE JG wrote:Aaron, are you headed to Oshkosh this year?

BTW, you're famous amongst the aviation community these days. This picture was posted on the professional pilot forum that I belong to. The thread was discussing this accident which you had a front row seat to watch.

I can still here that thing crump. I was on the photog stand in front of the dispatch building at the other end of the runway. I remember saying, "look at this hot shot". Goloshkosh was a good year other than that.
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

lmao god i love that picture. No i am not, ive been away from airshows for 2 years now. I was famous for a day. this photo was put in papers around the world and i see it every now and then in places. its always a good story to tell that i was almost killed by jack roush, even better, me and the guy im running away with, we both about ran into a propeller that was running behind us.
Phantoms Phorever!
dk1213
Major
Major

Post by dk1213 »

Its rumored there will be no fighters at EAA Airventure in Oshkosh this year, due to budget cuts. My dad lives there so I am there every year, I hope this isn't true. Anyone hear anything?
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

yes that is true, there should be very little if ANY military support. Pretty much all military was barred from doing any kind of these events. I have no idea how the brickyard has a osprey flyby this weekend.
Phantoms Phorever!
dk1213
Major
Major

Post by dk1213 »

I know when I was there in 2010, they had everything, including 2 F-18's from VFC-12. I think the coolest planes I walked down the ramp were the F-15's, they were there from St. Louis (tail SL). I walked them down the ramp and they took off full afterburner in formation unrestricted to 21,000 ft. and they almost knocked me down they were so close and so loud. That was the coolest thing I saw there, and I met the Ambush pilots who were my age with a way cooler job. Anyway do you have VFC-12 repaints for the grey and black schemes, or the newer digital schemes? I would love to have them. Let me know. Thanks man!
-DAN KARSZNIA-

Military Aviation Addict
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

The pic reminds me that this month's AOPA mag has the safety report on the accident.

I guess the contest is a win-win for all, I was going to request the same Apache!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

Going to be a couple days till I finish this, leaving tonight to go to the brickyard Sunday.
Phantoms Phorever!
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

Here it is! Please understand this was extremely difficult to paint and tested my nerves badly. I think it is terrible to be honest and if someone can do better, please do so. I had a lot of problems with pieces stretching, the bottom looks like someon threw up on it.

Again sorry i couldnt do better.
Phantoms Phorever!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I really don't think you need to apologize for that. If the model's map can't be forced do some of the things that these special paints require that is hardly the fault of you or the modeller.
Steve
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Yeh you did a great job. Please bear in mind that when we are making these models we don't often take account if special schemes that could come later. It's a shame but it happens I'm afraid.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Wow, thanks Aaron. It will be best looking Apache in my sim no doubt. Again thanks for taking this on buddy.
Mark
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Now that is a stunner :smt007
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

Please don't take no offense to what I said. It wasn't meant like that at all, I just try to make the paint as perfect as possible and stretch is just something we always seem to have to deal with in one way or another. When I don't think a paint is up to the quality I try to do, I just get upset at myself. In the end, if we don't have the modeler, we don't have the models. I can and will never bash a modeler for what they do.
Phantoms Phorever!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Don't think anybody thought you were. My thing here is that the models are done for AI, which means simple one sheet schemes. Sometimes these one-off schemes defy the ability of somebody to mould them to a one sheet scheme.
I just meant don't be too hard on yourself.
Steve
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

One of the great things I love about this community, everyone takes great pride in producing the absolute best result... to the point when amazing work like this is done the authors want to do it better.

Can I get you guys to talk to my employees about having pride in your work?