The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Argentine Mirage III Retirement Schemes

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Argentine Mirage III Retirement Schemes

Post by Tranquil »

Special decoration applied to a Dassault Mirage III / EA Grupo Aereo 6 de Caza - 2 Esquadrao of the Fuerza Aérea Argentina (FAA) based in Tandil AB and bearing a special mark showing the colors of the Argentine flag with a special logo "1972/2015" for the 43 years of service and retirement Mirage in the FAA.

32 Bit Included
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao59cAWFUGw6g1PKB7Xxow9lTzih

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Argentine Mirage III Retirement Scheme

Post by TheFoufure »

Wow. One more time, a great work by Tranquil ! Thanks a lot.

Do you envisage to do the other argentine MIII repaints (the grey one, the green camo and the sand camo ?)
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

TheFoufure wrote:Wow. One more time, a great work by Tranquil ! Thanks a lot.

Do you envisage to do the other argentine MIII repaints (the grey one, the green camo and the sand camo ?)
Thank you! :) i wasnt planning on doing them as i try to keep with current Repaints and due to the retirement of the III's last year im not sure it is something i will cover! But, you never know!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Ok, thanks for your answer.

But the repaint I talk are special for retirement. They paints a special colors, and one aircraft in each type of camo (one grey, one sand and one green).
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

TheFoufure wrote:Ok, thanks for your answer.
But the repaint I talk are special for retirement. They paints a special colors, and one aircraft in each type of camo (one grey, one sand and one green).
Ahh im with you now! i will see what i can do! ;)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Its hard to believe that they were thought of as passed it for the Falklands an yet over 30 years later ...
Steve
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

I personally never used to like the Mirage family, i just diddnt like the shape! but after painting a good few of them she has grown on me! :)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I was first aware of the Mirage when I saw the Aeronauts tv series when I was a kid, so many decades ago.
Steve
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Firebird wrote:I was first aware of the Mirage when I saw the Aeronauts tv series when I was a kid, so many decades ago.
Ah I remember watching that too. I love the Mirage shape even if it was based on the Fairy Delta.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Special decoration applied to a Dassault IAI Dagger of Grupo Aéreo 6 of Caza - 2 ° Esquadrão of the Fuerza Aérea Argentina (FAA) based in Tandil AB and carrying a special marking coloured in the tail taking back the symbolism of the insignia of Grupo Aéreo 6 of Caza with a special logo "1972/2015" for 43 years of service and the retirement of the Dagger in FAA.

FS9: 32 Bit included
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao59cAWFUGw6g1eai0a19U1hhGLW

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Argentine Mirage III Retirement Schemes

Post by Tranquil »

Heres the final one i will be doing for the now retired Argentine Mirages! :)

FS9: 32 Bit included
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao59cAWFUGw6g1kIk1ZOq8uNDbKK

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Great work.
thanks a lot for this job Mark

I regret you don't paint the three camo scheme applied for this retirement... I hope, perhaps later ;-)
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

TheFoufure wrote:I regret you don't paint the three camo scheme applied for this retirement... I hope, perhaps later ;-)
If they were still flying i would have done them, i try to stay current and up to date with most of the work i do, i get the odd request now and again to do a retro repaint and thats great, but i find doing 5-6 schemes that are no longer flying would be of no interest to most. :( The reason i actually done this set was due the the tail designs! the thing i enjoy most about painting is to remake all the different parts of the design by hand which in itself can be quite time consuming! i can however just copy and paste from a photograph, but to me there is no challenge in that! on the occasion im afraid i have to do it when i just cant find good enough images to use as templates! The case with the blue and white Argentine flag one speaks for itself its an amazing looking simple scheme! :)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
Mirage4FS
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Mirage4FS »

Wow. Just spotted this thread Mark. Thank you very much for adding some more color to the Mirage in Flight Sim.
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Mirage4FS wrote: 29 Apr 2017, 17:51 Wow. Just spotted this thread Mark. Thank you very much for adding some more color to the Mirage in Flight Sim.
Thank you Frank, i love the Mirage!

much thanks

mark
Image Image