The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MGAI - KC-135R AK & HH

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: MGAI - KC-135R AK & HH

Post by Joseph29 »

I am slowly replacing the PAI KC-135's and I have a question. In the new download there are paints for the 121st ARW based at Rickenbacker. Are there any flightplans for those? I thought they were release in a past MAIW package but I couldn't find one.

Also what package are the original KC-135's based at Salt Lake City in (so I can get the original plans)? I can't seem to find it.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I found the package the Utah KC-135's were in. They were in the MAIW west coast ANG package over at avsim.

One last question. I noticed that the new KC-135's I installed so far all have the RAECH callsign. Is that right?
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I think that should be "REACH"

Its the generic callsign for most KC-135's but the best thing to do is compare the [flightsim.x] entries against those you are deleting.
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

petebramley wrote: 03 May 2017, 07:59 I think that should be "REACH"

Its the generic callsign for most KC-135's but the best thing to do is compare the [flightsim.x] entries against those you are deleting.
Yes I ment to type REACH.

I re-downloaded the KC-135's I deleted and checked the entries for the callsigns they had and none of them had REACH as a callsign. I think I will put what MAIW had as the callsign and mix in the REACH callsign.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Mark most probably just put REACH in the cfg as a placeholder because the paints were meant to be included into MAIW packages and be changed anyway by the package manager. Unfortunately, we never got that far...
danhult
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by danhult »

For all AMC aircraft (and their AFRC/ANG associates), callsigns are more mission-specific than unit-specific. Each unit will have their own for local training missions and others for missions tasked by AMC HQ (example for AK/HI KC-135s would be a tasking to drag fighters across the pacific). During those missions and only those missions, they will use the REACH callsigns. The same goes for KC-10s, C-5s, C-17s, and C-130s. For example, the KC-135s at Fairchild use KNIGHT and EARL for active duty training, EXPO is used for WA ANG training, and REACH would be used for AMC-tasked missions. I found this site that has callsigns listed, but I can't vouch for how accurate they are.

http://www.udxf.nl/MCL.pdf
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Just wanted to say thank you. I got all of my remaining PAI KC-135's replaced, except for the one based at Beale AFB and Fairchild AFB (no paints for those).

Maybe next there could be newer flightplans for these in the near future? I had to leave out some paints because the number of newer paints did not match up with the number of planes in the older plans.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Joseph29 wrote: 04 May 2017, 08:28Maybe next there could be newer flightplans for these in the near future? I had to leave out some paints because the number of newer paints did not match up with the number of planes in the older plans.
By all means, Joseph. We're looking forward to your upload to the hangar. :P
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I am currently swapping out my PAI KC-135R's for the MAIW models and I have come across a couple of queries that someone here may be able to help me with:

1. What is the correct cruising speed needed for the Aircraft.txt file and is it the same across all the new models. I have checked on several traffic files and they vary from 410 up-to 585. The [Refernce Speeds] from the Aircraft.cfg is 461 which sounds about right.

2. In the McConnell paints there is a new model file "Model.SOCC" Can somebody shed some light on this model ??

Regards
Pete B
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

You should always use the cruise speed from the aircraft.cfg for the speed in the aircraft.txt file. As should the producer of the flightplans.

That being said, if they are significantly different you may want to adjust the leg times if you use a tool like AIFP, which makes it quite easy to do. I recently came across plans for something that had the aircraft.txt speed set for 200 knots where the cruise speed from the cfg file was 460 knots. An awful lot of wasted time there especially if it is a TNG leg.

The SOCC models are stricly known as KC-135R(RT) and are birds that can receive fuel as well as give fuel and a satcomm system. There are 8 of them all based at McConnell, or at least were.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Greg wrote: 04 May 2017, 13:10
Joseph29 wrote: 04 May 2017, 08:28Maybe next there could be newer flightplans for these in the near future? I had to leave out some paints because the number of newer paints did not match up with the number of planes in the older plans.
By all means, Joseph. We're looking forward to your upload to the hangar. :P
I tried making plans for business jets, but was told that were not very good. Haven't really tried again since them. And I would have no idea where to send these planes.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Firebird wrote: 04 May 2017, 21:27 1.
You should always use the cruise speed from the aircraft.cfg for the speed in the aircraft.txt file. As should the producer of the flightplans.

That being said, if they are significantly different you may want to adjust the leg times if you use a tool like AIFP, which makes it quite easy to do. I recently came across plans for something that had the aircraft.txt speed set for 200 knots where the cruise speed from the cfg file was 460 knots. An awful lot of wasted time there especially if it is a TNG leg.

The SOCC models are stricly known as KC-135R(RT) and are birds that can receive fuel as well as give fuel and a satcomm system. There are 8 of them all based at McConnell, or at least were.

Cheers Mike
I have made a start on the F/P's for the extra McConnell birds but it will take some time.

Also does anybody know what C/S are used by 54ARS 97AMW (Altus). The MAIW package only had the 55ARS birds which is now deactivated.
Pete B
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

A quick check found JEST for the 54th.
Steve
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Thanks, JEST it will be !!
Pete B
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

I have now installed all the MAIW KC-135 paints recently released and removed the corresponding paints from my PAI KC-135R folder. Unfortunately I cannot yet delete entirely the PAI model as I still have paints for Beale and Singapore. I have had a look around but cannot as yet find any sign of these paints being released on the newer model. Does anybody know where I could find them of if they have even been painted ?

Regards
Pete B
ardethomas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ardethomas »

petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

How did I miss that, I did'nt !!

Its a good idea to look in the other (Refueling) MGAI KC135 folder. It seems I installed the MGAI paints and forgot to delete the PAI ones. Cheers for the pointer.
Pete B
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

petebramley wrote: 08 May 2017, 20:53 How did I miss that, I did'nt !!

Its a good idea to look in the other (Refueling) MGAI KC135 folder. It seems I installed the MGAI paints and forgot to delete the PAI ones. Cheers for the pointer.
I did that too. I already had installed MGAI KC-135's from Fairchild, Pease, and Wisconsin ANG but forgot to delete the old PAI ones.
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

After a bit of prompting I've finally started to convert to the MGAI KC-135R.
I've managed to sort out FPs for most of the "new" repaints, but I'm struggling to sort out the 22nd ARW & 97AMW.

By any chance have you changed/created FPs for them?

Many Thanks
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I just used the FPs from the 2 MAIW packages that contained the older PAI models. McConnell AFB, KS and AMC West C-17 has the 97th for Altus AFB, OK. I didn't go too crazy and change the tails as some have moved units/bases.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris