The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RAF Airbus H135 Juno & H145 Jupiter

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

RAF Airbus H135 Juno & H145 Jupiter

Post by Tranquil »

WIP / Defence Helicopter Flying School / Airbus Helicopters H135 Juno HT1 / The RAF has started to receive both the H135 Juno (31 Aircraft) & H145 Jupiter (4 Aircraft), both helicopters are to based at RAF Shawbury / For Just Flights ai model. / You may also notice the console display now lights up, in the original model there was no lightmap texture nor any mention of it in the model when i opened it up with notepad, i have added the texture via ModelConverterX, i then had to recompile the model (For Personal Use Only), this was quite an easy process to do as i wont be able to supply the model due to it being payware but i can explain how to do it if you require it!

I will also be doing the 4 H145s for Johns Superb model! :)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: RAF Airbus H135 Juno & H145 Jupiter

Post by Tranquil »

Airbus Helicopters H145 Jupiter HT1 for Johns ai Model, ZM500 - ZM503

After a long debate with myself! i chose to use the Ambulance model as it seems to be the closest to the real thing!

Again i have added a lightmap for the console! but i wont be releasing that it is for personal use only..

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Yeah, I split them up on my system. The police model being the EC145 (tail rotor), the ambulance model being the H145 (fenestron) and the mil ones being H145M.

It took a lot of reading and re-reading to try and make sense of all the various designations for the thing. It was a lot easier when it was the BK117.

Out of curiosity why wouldn't you release the lightmap?
Steve
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Steve, that would be down to John, it does in fact mean editing the model, not a big edit, just adding a lightmap texture in the texture settings, BUT, the model also has to be edited in a sense to have it see that extra texture! i did not get permission from John to adjust his model, as far as im aware John did not include a lightmap texture with his release, So i simply added one in MCX and then re saved the model, initially i was just trying to see if it would work out of curiosity just like i did on the JF ai model without losing any animations etc and it all came back fine and intact.

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That is fair enough, Mark. Quite understandable.

I know that lightmaps is something that John hasn't gotten around to yet, most of his subjects don't need it.
It seems that you might be useful to him in the future if it is a simple compile option. Well, other than actually making the lightmap of course.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Mark, when you approached me you only specified personal use, but you are also quite welcome to upload the modified model with the light map for wider use.

John
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

John Young wrote: 24 Jul 2017, 12:55 Mark, when you approached me you only specified personal use, but you are also quite welcome to upload the modified model with the light map for wider use.

John
Thank you John, yes initially it was for personal use and to do some mcx trials on various models, however i have had some interest from a few people which is great :) , but its always a bonus when you have the backing of the developer!!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Coming along!!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

The 4 H-145 Jupiters have now been uploaded, three of them are now based at RAF Valley in Wales, UK. the MOD have acquired the Serial ZM503 giving me reason to believe Valley will receive a fourth in due time!

The model has also been included with kind permission From John and a set of flight plans have been generated by Jim, thank you guys!

If there is any interest for the Just Flight ai H135 Juno texture pack please let me know, i know it is payware and not many will have it! so ive decided not to upload it!

(Please wait patiently for them to appear in the Hanger) :)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

Hi Mark! As ever, I'm interested in helicopters, so, as one of the few Just Flight package owners, I'm in for the H135's!

Good to see you back in circulation..

Cheers,

Jon
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

jgowing wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 20:07 Hi Mark! As ever, I'm interested in helicopters, so, as one of the few Just Flight package owners, I'm in for the H135's!

Good to see you back in circulation..

Cheers,

Jon
Me too ;-)
ws.jones27
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ws.jones27 »

Hi, i'm having a small problem with the FS9 traffic file. TTools is telling me it cannot read the traffic file for the Jupiter package.
BJ
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It loads perfectly well in AIFP.

I have so many traffic source files on my system that Ttools won't even load any more.
Steve
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

ws.jones27 wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 09:30 Hi, i'm having a small problem with the FS9 traffic file. TTools is telling me it cannot read the traffic file for the Jupiter package.
BJ
Hi BJ, is the file running ok in sim do you see the fleet? Did you just want to edit it to send it to other places?

I personally dont use TTools never have, aifp all the way for me!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
ws.jones27
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ws.jones27 »

Hi Mark,I am not seeing the fleet at all and decided to decompile the file but all I get is TTools cannot read this file. The trouble is TTools accepts other flightplans and also decompiles okay so other than that I'm at a loss. I did try the FSX traffic file thinking it it might be a mix-up but that obviously was because I only use FS9,hope this makes sense.
BJ
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

BJ, hopefully Jim can help you out better if he sees this post, he made the plans for me and i cannot test in FS9 as i dont have it, if anyone else if having issues also and can report it here that would help! :)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

BJ, Try downloading and installing AIFP.
I know that it can do a lot more than simply compile txt files and de-compile bgls but I can guarantee that it will load the bgl for you.

It is very well supported and updated frequently and there is very good documentation on its features that you may or may not use in the future. I would recommend that you give it a try once you do you won't go back http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE.
Steve
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

Think there must have been a naming mismatch created between initial & release FP.

Hopefully it's sorted now.

Jim
Attachments
Valley_EC145.zip
(4.97 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

jimrodger wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 15:54 Think there must have been a naming mismatch created between initial & release FP.

Hopefully it's sorted now.

Jim
Thank you for the update Jim!! :)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
jimrodger
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by jimrodger »

And for FSX....sorry :(

Jim
Attachments
Valley_EC145_FSX.zip
(5.73 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
"When all else fails, and your AI doesn't show up...... check the AI slider.......DOH!!!!"