The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Shading or Shadows Layer on Aircraft Paintkit

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
aerogator

Shading or Shadows Layer on Aircraft Paintkit

Post by aerogator »

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone still uses PSP7 and could give a quick tutorial on how to create a shadow layer. I can't seem to figure out how to decrease the lower shadow as it comes up the side of the fuse. :? I guess it's blending but how do you blend to "nothing"
Any help appreciated! Thanks! :D
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Shading or Shadows Layer on Aircraft Paintkit

Post by Tranquil »

Hi Jake try using the Gradient tool something similar to this!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

ok, i'll take a look. thanks! :)
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

OK, I can get this far but how do I get this onto the "paintkit"? I have tried selecting a part of this and pasting it to a new layer but I get a semi opaque white layer instead of the gray gradient.
Image30.jpg
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Jake do you have a layer in with the shape of the fuse? if so click that layer then click on the magic wand tool and then click on the fuse if its set right it should highlight its shape! then you would go back to your shadow layer using the gradient flood fill and click inside the shape, it will then give it a shadow effect, you can then set the transparency of it if its too dark!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Hi Mark, thanks for the help but you're dealing with an old guy here. So here is where I am. Can't seem to get any kind of gradient. Selection is on blank layer opened with Magic Wand and filled with fill tool. Gradient tool applied to no effect. Any help appreciated.
Image33.jpg
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Jake try and get it setup like i have in the image.

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Getting there... but can't get the transparency to do right. looks like my settings are right but moving the sliders has no effect.
Image34.jpg
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Ive exported my GRD file Jake, import it to psp7 and try that!

Much thanks

Mark
Attachments
ExampleGRD.zip
(221 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
Image Image
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Thanks Mark! :D
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Can't seem to open GRD file. I've made some progress on the shadow layer itself but have not been able to integrate it very successfully with the other layers without degrading it or the paint layer substantially. I have tried moving the visibility slider on the layer pallet but that doesn't give good results. :?
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Jake when your in the gradient section there should be an option to import it into psp7.

much thanks

Mark
Image Image