The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

RCAF Heavies 2019

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
airplanedoktor
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

RCAF Heavies 2019

Post by airplanedoktor »

Got a little frustrated with doing new flight plans for the CC-130s, so tackled these in the mean time. These will be released here shortly I expect, I am just finishing testing in all 3 sim versions. As a note, I did not do the VIP CC-150 15001 as it is done elsewhere. Will include the link when these are released.

Thanks to Tranquil for the C-17 paint kit, and the assistance in getting me into repainting.

Cheers,
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: RCAF Heavies 2019

Post by Tranquil »

Hi Darren, sorry buddy i missed this thread and diddnt see it had already been painted up, a friend sent me an image yesterday to do it, you have done a great job on the paints!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
airplanedoktor
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by airplanedoktor »

No worries Mark...definitely more proficient, and efficient than I am.

It did present me with a challenge though, and I never did figure out how to get the anti-glare on the nose done due to construction of the paint kit, so just decided to forego it. Also, I had to add a specular map to the P3dv4 model to get it to look right in the sim. The paint job is very high gloss, it looked OK in FS9/FSX, but completely flat in P3Dv4, so finally figured that out, but was worried about copyright infringements for altering the model, and releasing it here.

The other question that's holding me back from releasing anything, is the texture size. I've read that nothing should be bigger than 1024x1024 for sim performance, but should it be 24 bit or 32 bit? That, and finding a texture I'm happy with for the C-17 wing heat shields is holding me back from releasing the C-17/CC-150 package.

The Herks still need some more work and flight planning.

Cheers,

Darren
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by Tranquil »

Darren, Due to mapping on the CC-150 the anti-glare can look a little odd, i got it as good as i could, even though it looks a little blurish towards the windows.. As for editing a model you will not be able to upload or share it without full permission from the model authors/owners.

For ai 1024x1024 is the best size, if you want to include higher res as an optional choice then you can! it has to be 16bit or 32bit , the file would not show on the model if it where 24bit, again you can also include 32 bit textures in your files as optional.

FS9: 1024x1024 DXT3 16bit BMP
FSX/P3D: 1024x1024 DXT5 16bit DDS (flip both texture and alpha)

If your a facebook user you can always contact me there to go over anything you need to! :)

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.