The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

USAF Tail Stripes

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

USAF Tail Stripes

Post by jetrange »

I'm planning to make paints for different USAF and Guard 130 squadrons, but what i'm having trouble finding are the different tail stripes for the different units. Where can I find these or how do I make them?

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: USAF Tail Stripes

Post by John Young »

Just paint them as they are. In this case, draw an orange band on the fin and add the top and bottom black lines. Then type the text in black or dark grey using the closest font you have.

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I've been doing this on a small scale with the HTAI models and moving C-130s around to match as close to real world (many changes from the MAIW packages over the years). I use scramble, c-130.net, and google to find the current tail bands. My basic paint skills had me copy/paste the new bands. Based on your other paints I am assuming you have the "Amarillo USAF" font.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I have always wondered this, what is that large lump for that is for on the rear of that C-130 (just after the star insignia)? Is it a antenna? Or something else? I noticed a lot of the USAF C-130's have it.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

In the above pic it's just a cover as the real system is generally only installed once in a hostile theater.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/commu ... 0-aircraft
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris