The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JYAI H-60, alpha out to remove doors?

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

JYAI H-60, alpha out to remove doors?

Post by Victory103 »

Due to the current worldwide situation, I might have some time on my hands as many are not using air travel. I'm looking at the remaining JYAI USN MH-60s squadrons and wanted to attempt to remove the doors on the MH-60s from HCS-85 (the USN "special ops" squadron) and the already painted Hunter AAF project that includes the MH-60Ms of the 160th SOAR (Army special ops). These units often fly with the front cockpit doors removed. Is there a way to "alpha out" the doors via the paint kit? I'm still self learning on this repainting thing and making plenty of mistakes.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JYAI H-60, alpha out to remove doors?

Post by John Young »

I don't think so Chris. Although the exterior skin is single thickness, there's another skin that draws the interior of the cockpit, using a different part of the texture sheet. You might be able to alpha the exterior, but I think you will have a problem with the interior. You would also need to change the section of the alpha for the windows in the doors so they become totally transparent. You won't be able to do that since all the glass is mapped to a very small square.

I can't easily remove the doors from the model either. It would mean having to chop them out with a Boolean cut. That would destroy the texture mapping and I would have to re-map the whole fuselage through 6 LODs. Big job.

John